GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
The Quality Manager will be responsible for establishing and implementing the Quality Management System for the GE Oil & Gas Subsea Services Organization and for ensuring that all operations within the Region are integrated into this system. The Quality Manager acts as the focal point for all Quality Assurance matters within the Region and provides leadership throughout the organization with regards to the development of, and compliance with, processes.
The Manager - Quality demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
· Plan, organize, implement and direct the application of assigned human and material resources to assure delivery of products and services that meet established requirements and fulfills the customer’s needs and expectations
· Maximize the use of assigned resources to assist GE in meeting its quality, schedule and profit objectives
· Establish goals, work plans, and budgets such that lowest cost and highest quality results are achieved
· Assure that Regional activities comply with GE policies and procedures, applicable government regulations and contractual requirements
· Plan and deliver the audit programme evaluating conformance to quality plans, systems, and requirements
· Analyze performance trends and establish improvement programmes
· Provide quality plans to establish and define the controls necessary for compliance with specified requirements
- Manage the calibration of measuring and test equipment used in product and service fulfillment
· Assure satisfaction of customer quality needs; establish programs to monitor and answer Customer Complaints and to initiate corrective and preventive actions
· Develop and maintain a communication plan to provide employees with adequate information concerning business goals and objectives
· Direct generic process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
· Select, hire, train, and provide ongoing leadership of assigned personnel to meet schedules, quality and measurements, and organizational goals
· Manage generic process programs and lead area in pursuit of state of the art technology and processes that will enhance organization’s productivity
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
· At least 5 additional years of experience in quality system planning and quality improvement methods
· Prior experience in a leadership role to cross-functional teams in the quality / process improvement environment
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the development of quality management systems in accordance with ISO 9001 and API Q1
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule
· Expertise in Quality Control concepts and their application
A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Relevant postgraduate/MSc degree will be an added advantage.
Job Segments: Quality, Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Manager, Quality Manager, Engineering, Management
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.