Graduate Job at Lapo Microfinance Bank Limited
Posted on: 4 August, 2015
Deadline: 10 August, 2015
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at LAPO Microfinance Bank Limited
Lapo Microfinance Bank Limited is a pro-poor financial institution committed to the empowerment of low-income Nigerians through access to responsive financial services delivered on a sustainable basis. The institution was founded as a non-profit entity by Mr. Godwin Ehigiamusoe while working as a Rural Co-operative Officer in Delta State, Nigeria. In 2010, LAPO set up a microfinance bank and transferred the bulk of its microfinance operations to the new institutional vehicle.
LAPO Microfinance Bank Ltd., in partnership with the German AFOS Foundation, and the German Catholic Entrepreneurs Association (BKU) is implementing a project co-financed by the German Government to strengthen LAPO’s capacity to promote qualitative growth and efficiently manage the quality of its services. Focus is on ensuring efficient management of resources, personnel development as well as improving LAPO’s capacity to provide further training to other microfinance institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Maintain and periodically review the List of Law firms retained by the Microfinance Bank indicating names, addresses, staffing etc.
- Provide legal support and documentation in respect of external funds received; review legal agreements and ensure adequate documentation for all sanctioned funds received.
- Review all third party agreements and provide legal opinion before execution.
- Maintain a Register of all Agreements entered into by the microfinance bank outlining nature, parties, dates, duration etc.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
- Draft contracts, agreements and review internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Periodically make entries and update Legal encyclopedia on the extant laws and regulations which relates to the business of the Microfinance Bank.
- Maintain a register of the company’s existing policies.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation, ongoing suits/cases and advice management accordingly.
- Maintains legal encyclopedia of all extant laws relating to the business of the Company.
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing.
- Attend and observe client interviews and court proceedings as required and advice management accordingly.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned.
- A good Bachelor's Degree in law. Possession of LLM degree will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, at least 2 of which should demonstrate proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting.
- Experience should demonstrate ability to provide accurate and effective legal counsel with proven track record of adding value to an organisation through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
- Fully computer literate - skilled and confident user of office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and calendar applications.
Other Skills and Competences
- Knowledge of the business, operating, and competitive environment.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of the bank’s products and services.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office programmes.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and framework.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Strategic thinking and strategic management.
- Managerial and leadership skills.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Big picture mindset.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Team building.
- Flair for details.
- People skills.
- Good research skills.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
Key Performance Indicators
- Soundness of legal advice
- Zero error in legal agreement
- Rate of infractions in legal operations and risks
- Timeliness in the preparation and submission of reports to Head, Legal
- Error rate in reports and minutes produced
- Level of compliance with contractual obligations
- Quality of contribution made in the preparation and submission of all assigned reports
- Language Fluency in English
- Age limit Between 25 and 30 years of age.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV's to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about LAPO Microfinance Bank LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Division Manager at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Job Vacancies at Lafenwa Osiberu & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Job Vacancies at a Finance Firm - Mario Consulting Limited
- Drivers at the World Bank
- Job Vacancies at a Micro-Finance Bank - Culminate Consulting
- Job Opportunities at ARM Life Plc
- Event Specialist at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Unit Head - Listings Analyst at the Nigerian Stock Exchange