MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Review business environment and develop business plans to support fraud prevention and detection in MTN Nigeria.
- Conceive, initiate, prioritize and lead the implementation of forensic audit initiatives.
- Research, document, disseminate and implement industry best practices with regard to fraud prevention and detection.
- Develop and establish internal fraud detection processes and systems, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency.
- Design and implement fraud prevention metrics to measure current processes or procedural changes relative to fraud.
- Plan and co-ordinate the work of investigation teams and ensure ongoing adherence to audit and investigation methodologies and standards (Certified Fraud Examiners, International Internal Audit Standards etc).
- Review complex, non-standard, ad hoc requests relating to fraud detection, investigation or prevention and provide effective, reliable and sustainable solutions.
- Develop positive working relationship with other departments as well as external parties to enhance the operations of the forensic auditing team.
- Periodically review the adequacy of tools, methodologies, procedures and processes used in carrying out forensic audit tasks with a view to enhancing the performance of the team and eliminate fraud.
- Develop reports for disciplinary hearing or court case.
- B.Sc Accounting or LLB
- ICAN/ACCA/CIMA/MBA/ACFE/Masters in law/MBA
- Minimum 10 years’ experience including:
- Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- 4 years of fraud operational and/or policy experience
- 2 years in accounting firm or law firm
go to method of application »
- Extract value from what we already have through cross-functional/and or regionally focused activities such as: multi-functional business optimization, contracts review and negotiation, cross-functional capital/budget efficiency projects etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new cross-functional business opportunities, e.g., through nurturing new business opportunities, products launched, product/process innovation, structural changes, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state legislations & policies, participating in state level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as thought leader, executing regional/local CSR projects, involvement in (inter)industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities, data analysis, reviews, etc.
- Cross-functional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation, employee networks mentorship/support, cross-division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership/execution as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at Excom) etc
- Facilitate and guide the processes for identification and justification of the information technology requirements of the various business sectors and co-ordinate the initiation of project proposals for meeting the requirements.
- Ensure the strategic policy development processes are in accordance with norms and standards of MTN Group.
- Ensure that corporate governance is implemented and adhered to within the IS division.
- Direct the development of optimal and integrated IS plans for MTNN, consolidating various IT business plans and ensuring plans have clear indications of expected value contributions and in line with corporate vision and mission.
- Develop framework, policies, standards, methodologies and procedures to guide IS operations and to enable the division to provide high quality services to customers and attain set goals and objectives of MTNN.
- Lead the development comprehensive IT and data architecture that will balance the business, financial and technical demands both now and into the future and serves as a map.
- Facilitate the coordination of the various aspects related to Information Systems Planning, such as the plan quality, the stakeholder’s requirements, plan outcome, etc.
- Regularly monitor, review and report progress against the integrated IS plan and conduct business risk analysis, review technical audits and project post-implementation reviews.
- Review risk for IS systems, develop IS Risk Management Strategy and ensure the deployment of risk mitigating action plans and business continuity of MTNN operations.
- Create an ‘IS blueprint’ that addresses business needs and takes into consideration the Data Architecture, Systems Architecture and Computer Architecture of the organization and ensure that the business has a reliable 5 year IT roadmap covering potential industry developments as well as ISD initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of enterprise framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization
go to method of application »
• Track, monitor, and resolve faults using approved switch processes and procedures and the Ericsson Exchange Library.
• Implement change requests/planned work, using switch procedures.
• Monitor performance statistics and generate weekly reports.
• Update switch records such as billing backup, weekly dumps and test load.
• Perform routine maintenance on all network nodes within the region
• Perform operation and maintenance of MTNN Wire Line Network
• Perform network quality and performance investigations
• Resolve SS failures in the Region and escalate all unresolved faults.
• SPMS requests with usage records
• Strictly adhere to the change control process
• Carryout acceptance of new CN elements in the Region and test loads when required (During Acceptance and Node or Software Change)
• Carryout daily TTFILE backup and Node backups
• Check and resolve route faults to resolution.
• Carryout HW fault clearance
• Implementing all connections up to the ODF/DDF for any SRCs.
• House Keeping within Switch Room.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• National travel and a valid driver’s license.
• On standby throughout the year.
Experience & Training
• Four (4) years hands-on experience in core network operations and maintenance in GSM environment
• GSM Node Hardware Dimensioning
• AXE Hardware Maintenance AXE 810
• GSM MSC/VLR Operations
• GSM AXE Operation
• GSM Core Network Maintenance
• GSM System Survey
• Ericsson WCDMA System Overview
• WCDMA System Core Network Maintenance
• WCDMA MSC Server & MGW
• WCDMA Mobile MGW Operation & Configuration
• Netmanager O&M
• Hiq 4200 & 4300 O&M
• MSAN O&M
• Technical report writing
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.