is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D)
organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and
supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International
Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development
needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our
partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer
risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth
from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited
scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff
based in various stations across Africa.
Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for
the following position at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things:
- Draw up quarterly, semi-annual and annual budget in line with the Overall Project Procurement Plan.
- Monitor expenditure in accordance with IITA’s policies and guideline.
- Report periodically on status of budget implementation and propose possible revisions.
- Establish procedures and controls to ensure efficiency of resources.
- Handle accounting treatment and financial transaction with respect to disbursements to project collaborators and partners.
- Prepare monthly financial report in a timely and verifiable manner.
- Provide reports, statements and schedules for auditing of project activities.
conjunction with IITA Supply Chain, supervise project procurement of
goods and services and management of property and equipment in keeping
with the Bank’s rules and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned on financial, accounting, budgeting and reporting of activities.
Masters degree in Finance / Business Management or first degree plus ACA / equivalent accountancy professional qualification
minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience, including two years of
experience in an accounting firm or in an international/multinational
The ideal candidate must
- Have the capacity to work effectively in a team
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing in English
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Information and task monitoring
- Problem analysis
- Judgment and problem solving
Hands-on knowledge of Oracle Financial Applications would be an advantage.
offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits
and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application.
Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of
current remuneration and age will not be treated. An application should
be made not later than two weeks (closing date: 17/04/12) from the date of this publication. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.