MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
1. Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
2. Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
3. Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
4. Serve MTNN’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
5. Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
6. Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
7. Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
Stakeholder Perspectives (10%)
8. Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
9. Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
10. Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
11. Review business environment and develop business plans to support fraud prevention and detection in MTN Nigeria.
12. Conceive, initiate, prioritize and lead the implementation of forensic audit initiatives.
13. Research, document, disseminate and implement industry best practices with regard to fraud prevention and detection.
14. Develop and establish internal fraud detection processes and systems, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency.
15. Design and implement fraud prevention metrics to measure current processes or procedural changes relative to fraud.
16. Plan and co-ordinate the work of investigation teams and ensure ongoing adherence to audit and investigation methodologies and standards (Certified Fraud Examiners, International Internal Audit Standards etc).
17. Review complex, non-standard, ad hoc requests relating to fraud detection, investigation or prevention and provide effective, reliable and sustainable solutions.
18. Develop positive working relationship with other departments as well as external parties to enhance the operations of the forensic auditing team.
19. Periodically review the adequacy of tools, methodologies, procedures and processes used in carrying out forensic audit tasks with a view to enhancing the performance of the team and eliminate fraud.
20. Develop reports for disciplinary hearing or court case.
(Learning & Growth)
21. Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
22. Coach and train direct reports to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
23. Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Willingness to travel at short notice
Minimum 10 years’ experience including:
• Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
• 4 years of fraud operational and/or policy experience
• 2 years in accounting firm or law firm
• Internal Audit.
• Fraud Management.
• People management
• Risk management
• General management
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.