If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Lagos Business School is a leading institution in Africa dedicated to creating and transmitting business and management knowledge relevant to emerging markets.
Located in Africa’s second largest city, Lagos, we deliver executive education at top and middle management levels, aiming to systematically improve the practice of management in the continent. Recognising that executive education is contextual, we pay attention to the needs of the business community we serve, ensuring our programmes are up-to-date and relevant. Our system of teaching with case studies also ensures that participants gain management knowledge and skills they can immediately apply to their work situations.
Yearly, our programmes attract over 3,000 participants from multinational and indigenous companies who attest to the expert teaching and the overall benefits derived from attending.
LBS is a member of the Association of African Business Schools (AABS), the Global Business School Network (GBSN) the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) and AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. LBS is the graduate business school of Pan-Atlantic University (formerly Pan-African University).
LBS has been ranked every year since 2007 by the Financial Times of London among global providers of executive education.
- Ensure first-class programmes are developed that meet the strategic educational goals of client organizations and create increased opportunities for faculty development
- Develop and implement programmes for leaders who can make a difference within their organization
- Build effective relationships with faculty to provide guidance and lead the development of strategy for how best to serve existing and future clients through blended-learning programmes
- Establish an active pipeline of new/existing clients by creating and cultivating relationships with critical balance of leading corporations across diverse geographies and industries.
- Provide general administrative oversight of the custom programme department.
- Develop and implement programmes to grow product sales. Set up strategic marketing plans for the product portfolio through comprehensive market research, competitive analysis, pricing, customer engagement, etc.
- Work with custom team to deploy resources in a manner that supports the strategic growth and highest quality delivery of custom programs
- Manage portfolio of client relationships, serving as the key liaison to all parties related to a successful custom programme from initial contact and programme design through programme delivery and evaluation
- Plays the key organizing role in the development of the mission, strategy and business plan for custom programme and supports its implementation, consistent with the overarching goal of delivering on the School mission and brand
- Develop/manage the budget for the department ensuring that resources are optimized
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in corporate executive education through participation and leadership in external organizations.
- Supervise and develop the development of staff who manage the portfolio of clients
- Responsible for the operational/financial success of customized learning experiences
- Lead business development efforts through creation and implementation of a model which identifies, qualifies and cultivates new clients which meets their educational goals while advancing faculty research and development
- Any other specific or adhoc duty to be assigned by line manager from time to time
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieving agreed target revenue
- Achieving agreed target number of participants for different seminars/conferences
- Number of new products and channels developed
- Achievement of agreed participant ratings per programme
- Feedback from customers- both internal and external
- Planning and organizational skills
- Self motivation, confidence and sound judgment skills
- Good interpersonal skills and keen diplomatic skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Influencing and presentation skills
- Experience with electronic and social media marketing
- Customers services skills and Networking skills
- Expert knowledge of MS office
- Knowledge of product and channel development
Good first degree from a reputable institution. A masters degree would be an added advantage.
At least 10+ years in directly related experience.
The role requires a keen market orientation with customer facing leadership position experience and a proven track record of successful business development. Experience in strategic planning, evaluation of custom programmes, outcome assessment and issues surrounding the development of custom programme is expected as well as knowledge of hybrid learning models and the application of new technologies desired. A record of successful administrative leadership, including strategic fiscal management is also desirable.
A deep knowledge and understanding of executive development, management learning, programme design, delivery and evaluation, experience gained in Sales, Accounts Management and Business development, Consulting or project management will be an advantage.
Some travel experience, both domestic and international is required.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.