MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
• Assess the MTNN business plan to articulate an understanding of the telecommunications industry as well as future developments to be taken into account
• Liaise cross functionally with Finance in the overall business planning, budget and reforecast process
• Review trends in the telecommunications industry and provide insight into issues and events that could be factored into the business planning process as it affects MTNN operations and services.
• Develop internal and external sources of intelligence on a continuous basis and integrate /manage data and information from diverse sources to guide strategic plans and decision processes within the Marketing Division.
• Review the budget process and ensure that quality drivers/assumptions for business plans and the business rules are correctly applied to the process and the forecasting scenarios.
• Develop and maintain database of records, data and information that are relevant to the telecommunications industry and useful for planning and optimization of MTNN business activities.
• Collaborate with other business units in developing business models and frameworks that support business decisions and business planning and assist in developing and reviewing scenarios within the models.
• Review MTNN revenue and financial planning models, provide market share estimates based on market data and develop MTNN five year revenue and related financial projections.
• Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
• Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
A minimum of 8 years experience of which includes:
• At least 2 years business planning experience in the telecoms environment or FMCG
• Experience in hands-on accounting and financial forecasting
• Strong talent for developing conclusions and recommendations from complex set of data
• Forecasting principles
• International Accounting Standards
• Telecoms market – Basic Telecoms Fundamentals
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.