Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Master’s degree in Humanitarian Studies, International Politics or another related field
- You have completed additional training in security management, project cycle management, donor compliance, operational strategic planning or other skills relevant to working in humanitarian contexts
- At least 5 years’ experience working in complex humanitarian emergencies, preferably leading projects with multiple funding streams & ambitious multi-sectorial objectives
You aim to deliver innovative, quality programming
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate technical analysis, mission strategy, as well as donor policies & procedures, to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support less experienced technical managers to improve their reporting skills.
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You model to your direct reports how to adapt your communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions. You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.