You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Master’s degree in Humanitarian Studies, International Politics or another related field
- You have completed additional training in security management, project cycle management, donor compliance, operational strategic planning or other skills relevant to working in humanitarian contexts
- At least 5 years’ experience working in complex humanitarian emergencies, preferably leading projects with multiple funding streams & ambitious multi-sectorial objectives
You aim to deliver innovative, quality programming
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate technical analysis, mission strategy, as well as donor policies & procedures, to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support less experienced technical managers to improve their reporting skills.
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You model to your direct reports how to adapt your communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions. You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.