Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Nutrition Supervisor will directly report to Nutrition & Health Deputy Program Manager and will play a key role in implementing the nutrition component of the IDP Emergency response in Maiduguri State (LGA) in North-Eastern Nigeria. Main activities will be in the areas of Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) and support to surveillance of the nutritional status of children in program areas. From May to December 2015, ACF will implement a multi-sectoral emergency response program to support IDPs in settlement and camps, and most vulnerable host households in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Provide support to the Deputy Program Manager to implement the program successfully
• Facilitate program coordination and monitoring and evaluation of the Nutrition & Health activities.
• Coordinate with the training, capacity building and follow-up activities on nutrition related awareness Interventions knowledge, attitudes and practices.
• Represent ACF externally in relevant LGA level forums and technical working groups
• Ensure the proper HR management of the Nutrition & Health Assistants
Diploma in Nutrition/Nursing or related health field
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Computer skills with excellence in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Previous experience in a similar position
• Proven ability to work in a team and proven skills in capacity building and community development (including community participation)
• Good communication skills, particularly with health workers, children (boys and girls), women and other community members
• Must be a leader who is organized, motivated, autonomous and able to take initiatives, and courteous and must have the ability to interact with health workers and communities.
• Good level of spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Understanding of local languages will be an added advantage.
• Ability to work within deadlines, follow security rules and be flexible
• Excellent; Read, Write, Speak
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday 3rd August, 2015 will not be considered.