Our client is into Energy and power generation.
Main Purpose of the Position (including reporting structure)
1. Reporting to Technical Manager, Technical Support Group
2. Provide technical support to the sales and projects teams for the evaluation and design of distributed power generation and co-generation systems in the range 2-20 MW
1. Provide technical support for evaluation and design on the mechanical aspects of heat recovery and distributed generation systems that meet customer requirements.
2. Prepare overall mechanical systems designs for power generation and co-generation schemes that meet customer requirements
3. Prepare competitive proposals and deliver systems that meet specifications and schedule.
4. Provide technical support and advice to sales and projects teams.
5. Prepare mechanical systems designs for the CAD draughtsman
6. Attending customer / client meetings as required, including onsite support of the BDM’s in meetings with their customers
7. This job requires frequent local travelling
1. A thorough knowledge of power generation systems, especially reciprocating engine based and small gas turbine power plants, used for base load, peaking and co-generation applications.
2. Broad application knowledge is required across the range of generator set applications, in mechanical, electrical, acoustical and installation disciplines, for both diesel and gas powered equipment.
3. Demonstrated competency with thermodynamic principles
4. Demonstrated competency in sizing of pipes for exhaust, water and steam systems
5. Knowledge of controls, switchgear, heat recovery and balance of plant
6. Knowledge of the application of heat exchangers, boilers and chillers in co-generation systems based upon reciprocating engines
7. Technical and business skills to evaluate alternative technologies and designs
8. Excellent communication skills to share experience, provide advice and encourage creativity in cross-functional teams
1. 7-10 years experience in design and/or operations in power generation industry
2. BS Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
Qualified candidates should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘MECHANICAL DESIGN’ as the title of application. Incorrect titled applications will not be opened. Submission closes 10th August, 2015. Experienced candidates will be invited for interviews.