If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Genesis Group is a wholly Nigerian owned Catering, Hospitality & Entertainment Conglomerate with business interest in Hotels, Restaurants, Cinemas, Shopping Malls, Real Estate Development, Outdoor Catering, Industrial Catering & Housekeeping Management, and Food Production.
For over 2 decades we have provided ‘Exceptional Products & Services’ to both multinational and Nigerian corporations, as well as discerning members of the public looking for something special.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Directly manages the hotel staff on a daily basis; supervises directly or indirectly all employees attached to all the hotel chains.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the hotel/s.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance to GGNL policy.
- Responsible for maximizing revenues and flow through to meet or exceed budgeted.
- Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts within set timeframes.
- Manages labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit.
- Works with relevant Business Development Officers / Marketing Officers to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives.
- Activities include setting goals, completing competitive surveys, taking reservations and compiling reports.
- Make sales calls as outlined by the Sales Management Teams and/or the shareholders requests.
- Identifies and seeks out potential business in local market.
- Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase Genesis group's visibility within the local market.
- Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the chain.
- Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout the hotel.
- Ensures that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company's goals, objectives and policies.
- Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
- Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff.
- Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local activities, goals, etc.
- Performs duties in all aspects of hotel operations whenever needed.
- Serves as 'Manager on Duty'
- Provides other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage,
- Expert in the Hotels Industry, with a minimum of 10 years hospitality management experience
- Must have worked in a Four Star establishment, ideally running more than one hotel concurrently
- Age range preferred 30-40
- F&B Experience will be a very key advantage
go to method of application »
Purpose of the Job/Main Objectives
- Drive staff training and competency develop in the department.
- To ensure that all Accounts and Financial activities of the company are properly carried out, monitored and coordinated.
- Confer with the chief Accountant and unit accountants to ensure effective and efficient financial planning and resource utilization.
- Ensure the financial information asset of the company is well protected, preserved with confidentiality and available to the right people at the right format and time.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial and management accounts reporting
- To provide leadership in the department in the absence of the Chief Accountant.
- Conform to annual and growth budget figures and ensure that the finance department drives the operators within the approved budget limit.
- Ensure master budget for the company is created with support from other departments.
- Plan and drive the day-to -day activities of the department
- Co-ordinate cash planning and need analysis.
- Ensure proper, accurate, timely and relevant financial records are maintained.
- Review all the postings in the different modules of SAGE and consolidating same to generate company's monthly financial report.
- Reconciling and reporting any observed differences in the postings and or ledgers.
- Interpret the financial implications of management decisions and policies and ensure implementation upon approval.
- Vet and authorize applicable financial documents in compliance to the authorization matrix and other policy documents of the company.
- Maintain effective liaison with other departments through the unit accountants to enhance operational decisions that have financial implications on the company.
- Implement financial initiatives that enhance cost reduction and efficiency in the operations of the company.
- To ensure that the finance department effect payment only on goods and services received that best meets the company's needs and standards.
- Ensure financial transactions of the company are processed, recorded and reported in compliance with the applicable accounting standards and financial regulations.
- Mentor and develop subordinates to cultivate and maintain healthy relations with other staff, suppliers, bankers and others in the course of carrying out their job.
- Ensure that transparency, honesty and accountability are embedded in own area of business
- Coordinate all aspects of Health and Safety and Fire Safety in the area of responsibility.
- Ensure weekly and monthly management and financial reports are accurate and available on time.
- Hold daily tool box meeting and weekly communication and review meetings with colleagues.
- Support external auditors on interim and year end audits.
- Ensure the implementation of a seamless on the job training programs with support from HR and accounting software providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monthly Profit and Loss Accounts
- Balance Sheet
- Ledger Balances Adjustments and Postings Report
- Monthly Sales / Revenue Analysis Report
- Monthly Cash flow Statement
- Others as may be required
- Years of Experience: 5-8 years
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: Godswill.Adiole@Genesisgroupng.com and Collins.Onukagha@Genesisgroupng.com with the role applied for as subject of the email.