Vacancy in a Well-Established Agricultural company
Posted on: 28 July, 2015
Deadline: 11 August, 2015
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View Jobs posted same day
A well-established Agricultural company with headquarters in Lagos that focuses on greenhouse cultivation of crops is seeking to recruit a competent, committed, self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate candidate for the position of a:
- Manage the day-to-day business activities of the greenhouses and the nurseries.
- Manage the farms for optimum yield and profitability.
- Manage the prevention and/ or control of diseases, pests and weeds in the greenhouses.
- Tour work areas to observe work being done, to inspect crops and to evaluate plant and soil conditions.
- Assign work schedules and duties to nursery and greenhouse staff, and supervise their work
- Supervise the application of pesticides and fertilizers to plants as well as cutting, pruning and staking.
- Determine types and quantities of vegetable to be grown, based on budgets, projected sales volume, and/or execute directives.
- Ensures the training of staff and making sure they are fully motivated and empowered to contribute their best to the company.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be directed by the Management of the company
Required expertise and skills
- BSc/MSc in Agronomy, Agriculture or equivalent field.
- 3 - 5 years relevant field technical experience in Horticulture, irrigation, plant cultivation, pest and diseases control and greenhouse technology with sales and marketing experience.
- Have strong communication, training, management and supervisory skills, as well as
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Must have a strong customer service, budgeting and inventory management skills.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates may apply by sending a copy of their CVs and Cover Letter with the position applied for as subject to: email@example.com not more than 2 weeks of this publication.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Jobs at Saro Lifecare
- Latest Jobs at Rossland Group
- Finance Manager at Management Alternatives Limited
- Agricultural Extension Agents at Thrive Agric
- Knowledge Transfer Manager at East-West Seed