Vacancies at Akinola Akintunde & Co.
Posted on: 29 March, 2012
Deadline: 10 April, 2012
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
Our client. an integrated group of companies operating through four subsidiaries,. is an active operator in the oil and gas, and maritime industries owning a tank farm and tanker vessets among other important operations assets. As a result of strategic repositioning and agressive business expansion, the group now seek for immediate employment, the following exceptional individuals to join its existinq team.
Reporting to the Chairman/CEO, the general Manager will take prime responsibility for developing new business and generating sales to ensure the group’s growth, profitability, prosperity and sustainability as well as increasing efficiency and effectiveness
Manage and develop a high performance team, maintaining a positive and proactive working environment that encourages efficient team working
Manage relationship with intermediate management and below for optimisation of the Nigerian content incentives
Provide documents to support Business plans
B.Sc. degree in engineering or management sciences
MBA degree will be an added advantage
Minimum of 15 years relevant experience at least 5 of which should be in a senior management position
Excellent communication skills and marketing expertise, and confident in engaging with clients, suppliers and employees
Result driven, willing and eager to take on risky and difficult assignments
Ideal age should be between 40-50 years
Reporting directly to the Chairman/CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing effective day-to-day operations of shipping arm of the Group and ensuring attainment of stratsqic goals and targets. He will oversee the on time deployment of the company's assets including tanker vessels, barges. boats, tugs. ete, to achieve corporate objectives. His principal role shall be to find ways of makinq the company more productive by providing effective methods in its business operations. He Will also:
• Ensure that the Company's marine vessels comply with company standards and contractual obligations
• Review regular reports from vessels on safety meetings to ensure Group's procedures are being adhered to
Qualifications. experience and attributes
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in marine engineering or shipping/logistics or management sciences with demonstrated sound technical knowledge through experience.
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in oil and gas, and maritime industries of which at least 5 years must be in marine operations or 3 years in port of operations.
• Strategic rnindset, strong leadership, motivational, presentation and negotiation skills
• Must be very visible with a professional appearance and highly respected
• Exposure to regulatory requirements would be an added advantage
• Ability to work independently in a team environment, and possessing strong analytical, organizational, supervisory, interpersonal skills
• All enterprising passion to deliver sustainable result and make a difference in difficult business environments.
• Ideal age should be between 40-50years.
Reporting directly to the Chairman/CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the operations of insurance broking arm of the Group and ensuring attainment of strategic goals and targets, He will also be responsible for:
• Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the Group.
• Risk assessment, evaluation and reporting
• Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks.
Qualification. experience and attributes .
• Bachelor's Degree in actuarial or management sciences plus ACIl
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the insurance industry at least 3 years of which should be in an insurance broking firm
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills, and the ability to influence people.
• Planning and organization skills and ability to understand broad business issues
• Experience in oil and gas, and maritime industry related risks ItJiIl be an added advantage.
• Ideal age should be between 40-50 years.
GROUP FINANCE & ADMIN MANAGER
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the development and implementation of appropriate financial management framework to support the realization of overall corporate goals and objectives of the Group, He/she will safeguard the assets of the Company and maintain the integrity of the financial reports and oversee administration and HR functions. Among other responsibilities he/she will
• Manage the Group financial resources and ensure conformity of all financial reports with corporate accounting policies and principles, Ensure that the company's accounting systems and procedures are up-to-date and are in compliance with appropriate statutory and regulatory requirements,
• Oversee the administration and human resources functions includ'ng but not limited to matters pertaining to recruitment, deployment. compensation and discipline of personnel.
• Coordinate financial planning, operations and controls of the Group for optimal efficiency and ensure the functionality of the Group's financial structure.
• Oversee the preparation of the Group's financial and management reports (monthly, quarterly and annually).
• Implement efficient Internal control processes and regulatory compliance; oversee and co-ordinate the Company's external audit and tax matters,
• Oversee the treasury function to ensure cash flow for the business is secured.
Qualification, experience and attributes
• Bachelor's Degree from a reputable institution plus ICAN/ACA/ACCA
• Strong background in finance specifically sound knowledge of oil and gas financing operations essential.
• Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a senior management position. Previous experience as a CFO or Finance Controller in a similar organisation will be an added advantage.
• Strong analytical background and demonstrable ability to establish goals and deliver results,
• Familiarity with major accounting applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Ideal age Should be between 40-50 years
HEAD, INTERNAL CONTROL AND SYSTEMS
Reporting directly to Ine Chairman/CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for independently conducting audits for the various business units while interacting with management at all levels. He/she will conduct risk assessments. identify nsks, and develop the annual Internal audit plans including the team program and schedule.
• Conduct regular and on the spot audits of financial controls and management systems for corporate policy and legal compliance
• Perform special reviews and audits inciuding risk-based audits/reviews on any aspects of operations.
• Conduct audit of automated financial svstems to ensure correct data represents corporate financial health.
• Ensure any identified data error, unaccountable transactions, faulty or inefficient processes are duly communicated to management while proffering suitable sotutions and control measures.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
• Chartered Accountant ICAN/ACA/ACCA plus ISA or CICS
• Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in Similar capacity within the Internal audit function or an audit firm, of which at least 6 years must be post-qualification
• Good computer skills in accounting and auditing applications, and MS Office
• Effective communication and presentation skills, cooperation across departments whilst maintaining discretion. confidentiality and focus.
• Conversant with all relevant financial laws and external regulations as weil as audit standards and best practices.
• Have a knowledge ofinternationai Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) .
• Demonstrate a pro-active ability to accurately identify problems and risks to systematically and logically analyze information and propose solutions.
• Honest person with very high integrity and independence also observing professional ethics when executing his/her duties
• Ideal age should be between 35 - 45 years.
HEAD OF OPERATIONS
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Group activities namely products importation, tankfarm and jetty operations including products loading and offioading. product delivery via truck tankers, and maintenance of the company's operations assets in good working condition. This role will carry responsibility for Ihe day-to-day management and motivahon of the
entire operations personnel. Specific responsibilities will include:
• The development and maintenance of a highly engaged and results focused working environment continual review of systems, processes and procedures in orderto drive efficiencies and performance
• Ensuring adequate .quality and safety checks are in place in-line with Group's policy and regulatory requirements, analysing market trends, keeping an eye on competition and coming up with new ways to stay ahead in the business.
• Support management team with planning and forecasting data.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in shipping/logistics or management sciences. An MBA will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in oil and gas, and maritime industry at least 4 years of which must be as manager of a department
• Strong leadership, motivational and communication sknls.
Extremely driven, organized. creative, resilient and analytical. identifying issues and finding ways to overcome them.
• Ideal age should be between 35 - 45 years
Legal Adviser/Corporate Secretary
Reporting to the Chairman and the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will act as Secretary to the Board and will have responsibility for the provision of legal advice on all matters concerning the Group operations and statutory issues. He/she will be responsible for:
• Provision of a broad range of corporate professional services to the Group
• Preparation of documents for filing with the CAC and other statutory authorities
• Preparation of Board committee books, Including preparing board minutes
• Resolutions and consents, and other corporate governance matters
• Handling of corporate immigration and customs related services of the Group
• Provision of other services as may be required from time to time by the Group
Qualifications, experience and attributes
• Good first degree in law from a reputable institution
• A higher degree or professional qualification such as LLM or ACIS will be an added advantage
• Flair for corporate and commercial law is desirable
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a dynamic business environment
• Good communications and interpersonal skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite - word and excel.
• Ideal age should be between 35-45 years.
SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIRMAN/CEO
Working directly with the Chairman/CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for keeping the Chairman's diary. necessary follow-ups and scheduling of programmes and activities. Should be ready to make trips in the company of the Chairman at short notices. He/she will serve as the repository of information on general economic, business and financial conditions, analyzing their impact on the company's strategies and objechves, for use by executive management He/she will undertake any other duty assiqned from time to time by the Chairman.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
• Bachelor's Degree from a reputable institution preferably in economics
• Master's degree in international business or any ofthe social sciences.
• Minimum of 10 years experience from reputable organizations with exposure to the maritime, oil and gas industry will be an advantage.
• Should possess good research, analytical and writing skills,
• Self-confident with abiiity to withstand pressure.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and other relevant computer applications,
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good office management, secretarial and administrative skills,
• Ideal age should be between 35 - 45 years.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward emails with the job title as subject along with their CVs and relevant attachments to email@example.com
Applicants should state the present basic salary, total remuneration package, contact telephone number and other relevant information.
Applications must be received on or before 10th April 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Job Opportunity at WTS Energy
- Engineering Vacancy at JAGAL Group
- Latest Job Opportunities at AOS Orwell
- Finance Role in the Oil and Gas Industry - Adexen
- Job Vacancy at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Sales Job Vacancy in the Oil and Gas Industry - Michael Page
- Job Openings at Tsachal Limited