If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
As the Operations Manager/DCOP, responsible for the management of human resources, local procurement and information technology of the program in the fluid and complex operational environment of Nigeria. The position will be based in the head office, located in Abuja, with work expected to be carried out in the North East states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa. In the absence of the COP, the Operations Manager/DCOP will serve as the COP.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the COP, the Operations Manager/DCOP will support the COP in the management of program operations and provide technical leadership and oversight, as needed. S/he will directly supervise the Procurement team, the Office Manager, the IT department, travel/logistics staff, and the HR and administration team. S/he will additionally serve as primary liaison for international vendors.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and USAID rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Nigeria;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serves as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manages and oversees staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provides timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ, USAID/OTI and or the USAID/RSO at any time;
- Responsible for program compliance with Task Order, USG rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Supports COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manages, trains, and mentors key OTI/Nigeria team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance; and
- Respond to requests from USAID and supervisors as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field;
- At least five years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;
- At least four years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- Familiarity with or have experience in community participation-type projects as well as those that are political in focus;
- Experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts in an insecure environment;
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical capacity; and
- Previous experience working with USAID/OTI desired.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here