eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
Summary: The Assistant House Manager assists the House Manager to plan and coordinate the operations of all eHealth Africa Homes in accordance with policy and guidelines laid by eHA. S/he assumes delegated responsibility for the day to day running of the house, ensuring all policies and procedures are complied with and the highest standards
of care are achieved, ensuring residents well- being by promoting the philosophy of privacy and dignity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the House Manager to manage household budget, stock and inventories of supplies, accounting for all purchases, keeps track of and reports all expenses associated with the maintenance and upkeep of all eHA homes.
- Understands and works with the House manager in all areas of Housing. Supports in the hiring, training,assigning of tasks and provides supervision to assigned domestic staff.
- Communicates house or resident changes to staff, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for household purchases and dealing with matters pertaining to the maintenance of eHA homes.
- Assumes delegated responsibility for record keeping and administration procedures for housing matters within organisational guidelines.
- Provides support to the House Manager in coordinating personal errands for the employer and household and light housekeeping duties.
- Leads the staff team in the absence of the House Manager to promote and ensure positive and supportive relationships. Ensures that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Involves residents at all time in decision making about activity, lifestyle and matters in the home which may affect them. E.g. the use of insecticides (bug spray) or automatic air fresheners, brand preference, etc.
- Supports the House Manager in ensuring there is a consistent, co-ordinated and appropriate approach to meeting individual student need, ensuring that best care practice and student management protocols are complied with.
- Ensures a clean, safe, and pleasant living environment for residents.
- Investigate and attempt to resolve problems that arise in the houses (e.g. employee or service recipients’ conflicts). Serves as a point of contact for emergencies and urgent questions.
- Reports and documents all house problems or incidents. Inform the House Manager of any needed household repairs and ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Performs any other duty assigned by Management.
- Travels frequently between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in Management, or related field.
- Minimum of Three (3) years relevant experience; working in a residential setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of Basic first aid procedures.
- Must be extremely organized with good time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills are required.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Why work with us?
Life at ehealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here