FJAJobs Associates Limited is recruiting interested and suitably qualified candidates into the following vacant position:
The Account Manager (AM) will maximize client brands and achieve measurable marketing results by working with client contacts and agency team members to create and execute integrated marketing communications programs for clients. This will include managing multichannel programs that include advertising, direct mail, trade show support, web development and email marketing as well as a strong focus on public relations and social media.
The SAM provides effective strategy and planning from writing marketing communications and PR plans to developing and presenting new business proposals. This individual is responsible for implementing plans, including developing timelines and budgets, providing day-to-day client communication and reporting, and interacting with other team members to execute strategies. In addition, this person will be responsible for hands-on execution of PR strategies, requiring proven writing and media.
- Targets are being assigned every year and reviewed quarterly, work in line with the SAM, AM & Mgnt to meet target and monitor.
- Ensures clients objectives are meet.
- Strive to achieve deadlines.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develops strategic marketing communications and PR plans and provides counsel to clients.
- Effectively presents agency work/proposals to clients and supports other team members in the same.
- Directs activity on assigned accounts, keeping clients informed of account direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects
- Provides effective management of agency resources to ensure projects are delivered to appropriate standards on time and on budget.
- Executes media relations, social media, community relations and event planning.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel and provides clients with timeline and budget updates.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts and production art to ensure they are in line with client and agency expectations and coordinates approval of same.
- Develops media lists and opportunity calendars.
- Writes proposals for clients’ marketing initiatives and coordinates quotations/estimates for client approval.
- Leads and participates in client meetings and completes conference reports for client meetings.
- Tracks agency and vendor costs to help ensure profitability and assists in preparation of client invoices.
- Displays marketing curiosity and a willingness to push thinking in new directions.
- Provides client reporting and results analysis of key programs and initiatives.
- Actively identifies and develops new business opportunities within existing accounts and support other new business efforts/sales team.
- Responsible for performing other agency related tasks as assigned.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Marketing
- Five experience in marketing communications/PR, preferably in an agency setting.
- Broad knowledge of the marketing communications field with a focus on accountability.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people
- Recognize quality in marketing communications and have a strong drive to achieve nothing less.
- Ability to multitask and maintain order in the face of chaos.
- A “can-do” temperament. Commitment to meeting deadlines and doing whatever it takes.
- A self-starter who is energetic, enthusiastic, persistent, creative and motivated to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Awareness of value of time and the ability to maximize the use of the time allotted to each project; ability to “work smart”.
- Working long hours, especially under tight deadlines
- Travel to the client may be required
- Must be able to handle pressure well
General Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Strong people skills; ability to interact with a wide range of personalities
- IT literate with proficiency in the use of Microsoft office
- Must be well-organized
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Skilled at negotiating and motivating others.
- Commercially aware.
- Smart in appearance.
- A positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Trustworthy; honest and reliable.
- NOTE: Must be APCON certified.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications with CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.