Current Job Position at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 23 July, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria. Since then, we have continued to deliver the best possible experience at the most affordable price to our subscribers.
This commitment has led to the growth of our active subscriber base to over 21 million in just six years. Today, Etisalat has network coverage in all 36 states of the federation including Abuja, the federal capital territory as we continue to build our network and expand to new locations.
- Coordinates Field activities for the Deployment of EMTS active and passive network elements in assigned Region in line with overall project plan as it relates to project scope, milestones and quality.
- Proactively highlight and proffer solutions to risks which may cause or lead to blockage and/or delay in projects in the region, prior to occurrence.
- Constantly liaise with the Technical Project Delivery Team to get update and gather requisite project information/documentation for new major projects launched in the region for eventual field implementation. Covering 2G, 3G, LTE, Transmission, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical projects.
- Constantly liaise with other requisite departments and units in the Technical Team to get update and gather requisite project information/documentation for other new ad-hoc projects launched in the region for eventual field implementation. Covering 2G, 3G, LTE, Transmission, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical projects.
- Assign field resources and provide necessary oversight on the resources for proper supervision of quality of vendors' works on the field. Schedule appropriate quality checkpoints on field projects and ensure proper documentation of snags and correction process.
- Constantly monitor progress of field implementation for all projects in the region to ensure adherence to project plan, scope and quality. Proactively identify risks and hindrances and ensure timely resolutions and escalations. Liaise with requisite units across the business to resolve such identified issues.
- Liaise with the SAQ Team and the Colocation Team to resolve access issues for vendors on site.
- Investigate issues with vendors where delays are continuously blocking progress and report status to management for resolution.
- Prepare status reports on vendor activities, gather data and provide up to date reports for management use.
- Visit major Etisalat sites, RNCs BSCs, BTSs and Node Bs, cross checking technical designs and drawings for conformity ensuring reliability of delivery without blocking points arising in the implementation and contract process by working as liaison between affected departments.
- Tackle implementation of any planned links (new or upgrade) in the region by investigation of the link budget or visit to sites.
- Ensure vendors have not missed items in the BoQ that may affect the planned progress of projects and highlight potential blocking points in the BoQ which could lead to serious delays.
- Ensure that projects are executed to contract terms.
- Monitor capacity of the critical areas relating to growth in either radio, transmission (microwave and fibre needs) and core, and escalate appropriately.
- Report potential unforeseen delays of the RAN progress status to the Radio, Core and Transmission Teams
- Prepare and submit scheduled periodic reports and other requested ad-hoc reports on all aspects of the project before deadline; including PPT quality reports as requested by the TPD Team.
- Prepare, update and submit scheduled 3-week rolling activity plan for all Site Supervisors in the Region.
- Visit sites/locations, assess issues causing delays and liaise with the security team to provide security where needed.
- Prepare necessary Business Cases and Justifications for identified sub-projects in the region driving major projects and chase necessary approvals with relevant units across the business.
- Take ownership of all Deployment activities within the region and champion discipline and ethical conduct among team members in the region.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, RAN Rollout.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering. Or any other relevant numerate sciences.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years' work experience with at least three (3) in a supervisory role in the Project Team of a Telecoms Operator or vendor.
- Network Equipment Installation
- Network Planning and Design
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specification.
- Project Management.
- Influencing and Negotiation
- Delegation/ Supervisory
- Communication and Reporting.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: Click or search jobs by date. Choose a suitable timeframe e.g. Last 7 Days and then click on Search.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at EdgeBase Technologies
- Digital Marketing Executive at Aiotaq Integrated Solutions
- CCNA / A+ Instructor at HiiT Plc
- Job Openings at Swift Talk Limited
- Senior/Lead Dev Architect at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Graduate Mobile Apps Developer at Zercom Systems Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at Riddle Technologies Limited
- Information Technology Roles at Huntech Solutions