Who is MasterCard?
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society . Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
o Manage all MasterCard programs including Credit, Debit, Prepaid & Commercial cards, spanning issuing and acquiring businesses, for customers in Nigeria.
o Grow MasterCard volume and share within the Issuers and Acquirers and develop incremental revenue streams across value added services.
o Have you had previous experience in building a long-term partnership with a large customer? Can you negotiate, execute and manage all aspects of the customers’ business? Are you able to go beyond tactical engagements and become the trusted strategic advisor for this account?
o Can you analyze customer’s business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis?
o Deliver against sales targets for MasterCard products & services and net revenue targets from new and existing business for the market
o Analyze the customer’s business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis. Design specific strategies that deliver customized solutions for the business that drive profit, revenue growth and value creation for both MasterCard and the customer while working in close coordination with MasterCard cross functional teams.
o Collaborate with the customer to develop and execute an annual strategic account plan, and putting in place regular (at least quarterly) review sessions to establish, monitor and report progress against joint objectives
o Negotiate, execute and manage the customer agreement process, ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing
o Develop and implement sales plan designs to include business development, advertising, marketing and product management activities with customers, prospects and internal MasterCard contacts
o Lead product development for Nigeria, including identification and implementation of new features and benefits, working in close collaboration with the rest of the Nigeria team and other internal partners within the region.
o Create a comprehensive customer marketing pipeline with a view to drive portfolio performance (usage and acquisition)
All About You
• This position offers the opportunity to manage all aspects of the MasterCard relationship with assigned customers.
• The position requires a self-motivated, commercially pragmatic, business developer with strong relationship management and influencing skills to partner with customer & MasterCard cross functional teams to create and implement impactful payments programs that maximize segment penetration & drive MasterCard and bank revenues.
• The ideal candidate will one with strong execution focus, possess solid payments industry experience, preferably gained in Business Development /Product management on the Issuer side with the ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions. He should also be very comfortable dealing with technology.
• Sound knowledge of retail electronic Payments/ Cards from an Issuing / Acquiring/ Network perspective required. (Work experience in the payments/banking domain preferred)
• Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines (Sales, Product, Marketing, operations, and risk.
• Key Skills:
- Self driven, organized and pro-active
- Entrepreneurial and commercially focused
- Strong impact and influencing, negotiation skills
- Strong relationship, communication, presentation and marketing skills;
- Work well in a small team leveraging colleagues’ skills
- University degree. Advanced degree preferred
• Working within MasterCard's business group model, the business development lead for Ghana will be responsible for the general management from a customer, employee and regulatory perspective in the country and is accountable for the business proposition in the designated market
• The BD lead as a Business leader in the business, has the accountability for the business objectives, as assigned by the business group to whom the leader reports. The Country Manager will define the country strategic direction, together with regional leadership; he/she contributes to the overall growth and success of the company through growth initiatives and implementation of the company strategy
• Responsible for the profit and loss ("P+L") of all MasterCard's business. Accountable for financial compliance and maintenance of acceptable audit standards' MasterCard representative with customers, business partners, external relations
• Have you ever provided leadership for a market, providing tactical and strategic direction?
• Are you ready to be the prime representative of MasterCard in Ghana?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Financial Objectives: responsible for the profit and loss ("P+L") of all MasterCard's business
• Customer Relationship Management for all accounts operating in the market; the BD lead provides business direction to the national accounts (NA) which report directly; the BD lead provides market guidance to Global Accounts operating in the country
• Provides leadership for the tactical and strategic approach to market (marketing campaigns, channel development, public relations, media and press, company brand and image) for consistency in engagement, distribution and fulfillment locally ' Regulatory
• Is the prime representative to local authorities and industry boards in line with the Corporate regulatory and public affairs strategy' Employee Relations/Management
• Serves as an "advisory" for business leaders and remote management for business groups and functions operating in the country to ensure consistency of business objectives and operations
All About You
• Specific experience in a marketing or business development role in card payment business (or retail banking).
• A conceptual thinker with the vision to see issues strategically.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the maturity and cultural sensitivity to achieve credibility at all levels (internally / externally), including the ability to influence senior bankers.
• Superior market and industry knowledge with a proven track record for developing internal and external relationships.
• Proven strategic, leadership and negotiation skills' Strong team player, decisive and results driven, with high energy levels and initiative
• University degree. Advanced degree preferred
Leader, eCommerce Expert Sales, Nigeria will be responsible for:
• Driving sales & managing the Implementation of MiGS/DataCash/SMEOnline and other Digital Payment Gateway services in market.
• Provide expert Digital Payment Gateway services consultation and support.
• Based in Lagos, Nigeria, this position is responsible for the market deployment of selected E-Commerce payments solutions, such as DataCash/MiGS.
• This position is fully accountable for program execution, ensuring both market and product readiness for our next generation of E-Commerce payment products.
• Focusing on the entire end-to-end delivery process having full responsibility for overall program management, including the validation of business and functional requirements and the successful execution of all company critical and strategically important DataCash/MiGS and SecureCode initiatives in Nigeria.
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Have you led a team of diverse skills and experience?
• Conduct market development activities and drive market preparation activities, translating marketing strategy to sales and account strategies and channel management approaches if appropriate.
• Ensure that customers clearly understand how our products and services could potentially interface with their platforms and achieve their business requirements.
• Assist with the creation of training materials and development activities to advance the capability of the downstream marketing team and account teams.
• Manage the Sales & Customer Delivery pipeline for Datacash/MiGS and other digital payment Gateway solutions, working with the country and account managers to qualify and prioritize initiatives;
• Work collaboratively with Product to create comprehensive go-to-market strategies and execution plans to deliver SecureCode and DataCash/MiGS products and services to the market.
• Ensure Customer Delivery is alwaysclosely integrated with, and positively supports the business, providing management at all levels with the necessary information to maximize revenue, profitability and efficiency.
• Obtain market feedback on unique, market specific requirements for new product features/ offerings, based on local market nuances, and revise roll out strategy as necessary.
• Strong and proven experience in the payments industry and deep understanding of telecommunications industry across the full spectrum of E-commerce technologies.
• Ability to grasp the complex technical requirements needed to lead the delivery of new products and solutions in market.
• Extensive, proven project management and planning skills with a demonstrated record of success managing multiple projects with external and internal clients simultaneously.
• Ability to identify issues before they develop into problems; proactively resolve issues directly or through escalation to appropriate partners.
• Must be strategic, highly organized and able to attend to critical details
• Able to clearly communicate complex technical and business information in an easy to understand manner; able to effectively deliver messages both verbally and in writing.
• University degree. Advanced degree preferred.
• Good presentation and communication skills.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
• Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset.
Use links below to apply