Job Vacancy at Maternal & Child Survival Program
Posted on: 23 July, 2015
Deadline: 25 July, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Maternal and Child Survival Progr
Roles and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the MCSP/Nigeria RI program’s National Immunization Technical Advisor (NITA) based in Abuja, specific responsibilities of the M&E and Learning Advisor will include:
- In close collaboration with the NITA and Bauchi and Sokoto State Immunization Technical Advisors (SITAs), help lead technical contributions to USAID technical progress reports and workplans, and to other technical documents as required; help lead in-country development and reviews of annual workplans and technical progress reports for USAID submission;
- Championing and proactively promoting both formal and informal learning, as well as knowledge exchange, among both MCSP colleagues and RI partners;
- Leading the development, monitoring, and reporting of program indicators. This includes leading the in-country development, implementation, and updates to the program’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and supporting databases;
- Conducting/ supervising data entry, cleaning, and analysis, and supervise baseline, formative, and routine data collection; this includes working with MCSP’s country and home office teams, the NPHCDA and/or SPHCDA, and other program partners to design and test and document assessment, baseline survey, routine data collection, and operations research protocols;
- With support from MCSP’s home office team, leading the drafting/development of key successes, case studies, conference abstracts, and other materials and messages that demonstrate program achievements and progress; tracking and “telling a story” around program results, including factors critical to success and/or areas needing improvement;
- Proactively flagging program performance issues as they arise for the program team’s action, in close collaboration with the NITA and SITAs;
- Working closely with the program’s Senior Management Team (SMT) in country, MCSP’s home office team, and USAID to ensure that all aspects of program strategy, design, planning, implementation, and monitoring are technically sound and timely, and that they uphold the standards of good public health;
- Representing MCSP to the SPHCDA, EOC, USAID, and other partners as appropriate and determined by the NITA, through active participation in state-level meetings, technical advisory groups, working groups, and other high-level coordinating forums;
- Supporting M&E capacity development among program staff, including to ensure data quality and promote the use of data quality self-assessment techniques;
- Promote the transparent, timely, and consistent flow of information and internal and external communications; and
- Participate in and/or convene regular management, technical, and other meetings as needed, including Country Support Team meetings with MCSP’s Washington, DC-based headquarters teams.
- Supporting periodic internal program planning and review exercises.
- Public health professional with advanced degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 8+ years experience in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation of programs, including for routine immunization. Experience specifically in the Bauchi Sokoto contexts also preferred.
- Formal training and prior experience in monitoring, evaluating, and reporting for programs under USAID-funded programs, including developing Performance Monitoring Plans (PMPs).
- Experience in program evaluation and impact evaluation. Experience in research and publication in peer-reviewed journals strongly preferred.
- Creative thinker, motivated to drive innovative approaches to strengthening the management and use of RI data.
- Knowledge of global and national- and state-level policies, strategies, issues, and evidence related to RI and related health areas.
- Ability to organize and work with geographically dispersed teams to produce high-quality program deliverables on time and according to budget.
- Ability to steer a program based on M&E results.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, particularly as related to report writing and program presentations.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
- Excellent navigator of complex, highly political interpersonal relations, with a demonstrated ability to interact successfully with diverse stakeholders at various levels; demonstrated diplomacy and good judgment in approaching work and people.
- Strong, energetic team player, with the ability to motivate and mentor other colleagues.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word, Excel and Power Point skills, and familiarity with database and statistical analysis packages commonly used in public health programs, e.g., SPSS, Access, Epi Info, STATA, or others.
- Able to travel to Abuja and Sokoto periodically as needed.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV, letter of motivation, and writing sample to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP)Similar Jobs
- Web Master at Youngstars Foundation
- Job Opportunities at Save the Children
- Relationship Officer- (Credit Marketing) at a Non-Governmental Organisation - Anthony Ayoade Associates
- Job Vacancies at Model Mission of Assistance in Africa | Momi Africa
- Marketing and Customer Experience Manager at DKT International
- Communications and Marketing Manager at Critical Rescue International (CRI)
- Job Openings at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Medical Jobs at The Maimuna & Usman Yahaya Foundation