Elizade University is a new private institution, designed to bring international standards of university research and teaching to West Africa. The university occupies a green and spacious campus at lIara-Mokin, a town ten kilometers from Akure, the capital city of Ondo State, South West, Nigeria. We are seeking exceptional people to help develop first-class teaching, research and consulting across a key range of disciplines important internationally and especially in the region.
The University has vacancies for research active academic staff to be recruited as Professors; Associate Professors; Senior Lecturers; Lecturers, and Assistant Lecturers in the following disciplines:
- Computer Sciences
- Business Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Office/Information Mgt
- Banking & Finance
- History/Diplomatic Studies
- English Language
For each of these positions, except at the Assistant Lecturer level, the possession of a PhD degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized university, evidence of substantially scholarly output, and evidence of academic leadership will be required. The minimum length of experience specified for each of the different levels is as follows:
- Professor: 12 years post-doctoral
- Associate Professor: 10 years
- Senior Lecturer: 6years
- Lecturer1: 4 years
- Lecturer II
- Assistant Lecturer: MSc. Plus 2 years experience
The University Librarian will report to the Vice-Chancellor and be responsible for the professional delivery of modern library services to support the achievement of the University central mission
A good university degree and professional qualification in Librarianship obtained from a recognized university
Demonstrable competence in the use of modern ICT tools in the management of a university library.
A minimum of 15 years experience in managing an academic library, three of which must have been at senior management level.
Possession of a Ph D will offer an advantage.
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer, responsible for providing intellectual and administrative leadership to the university in realizing its vision, pursuing its objectives and delivering on its mandate. Working with different organs of the University, He/She will be responsible for developing and maintaining high academic standards, operational effectiveness, staff development and orderly growth of the university campus.
The major responsibilities will include:
- Participating actively in the development, revision and implementation of the vision, mission and strategic direction of the University, working in concert with the Board of Trustees and the Governing Council.
- Initiating, championing and maintaining a tradition of academic excellence in the University that will drive all its activities and programs, working in concert with Senate and the Governing Council.
- Installing and supervising the provision of best-in-class administrative processes and procedures that provide effective support to the business of the university.
- Ensuring the institution of a robust regime of accounting and financial management that supports the realization of the aspirations of the Board of Trustees for a self-sustaining and financially buoyant academic institution comparable to the best in the world.
- Attracting, motivating and retaining highly skilled and renowned intellectuals and professionals to the service of the University and providing an environment for them to contribute effectively to the realization of its vision.
- Representing the University with other institutions and relevant external
The position is for a candidate with impressive academic credentials and institutional management record. These will certainly include:
A PhD degree obtained from a reputable university.
Scholarly accomplishments culminating in attaining the rank of Professor
A minimum of 15 years post-doctoral academic experience, with track record of teaching, research and public service. Administrative experience as Head of Department, Dean of Faculty or Provost of University Colleges will offer distinct advantages.
The ability to develop, review and implement strategic plans for realizing the mission and vision of the university.
Highly developed communication and relational skills, strong emotional intelligence and leadership capabilities.
Excellent physical and mental health, strong personality, ethical orientation and untainted record of academic leadership.
Experience with computerized administrative systems and proficiency in the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
Rich network of competencies and research collaborators. Must be able to attract research funding for programs in the university on the strength of his/her own personal network.
The ability to provide and inspire research leadership, by generating the conditions for attracting strong and research-active academics.
There is an attractive package of benefits, lifestyle opportunities and career prospects open to the right candidates.
Interested candidates should forward a copy of their application letter and their CV to reach the undersigned on firstname.lastname@example.org within the next four weeks. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The appointment of the Vice-Chancellor is for an initial period of 5 years and renewable for another term.
The successful candidate will execute performance contracts with the Governing Council, designed around the university's strategic plan.