New Job Vacancy at Daily Trust
Posted on: 22 July, 2015
Deadline: 4 August, 2015
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Daily Trust
Media Trust Limited, publishers of DAILY TRUST and other newspaper titles, is desirous of recruiting competent, self-motivated and result-oriented candidates to fill this position:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop advert sales strategies to achieve the short and long term sales revenue objectives;
- Communicate regularly with ad agencies and other clients to discuss about advertising project progress and maintain good relationship with them to ensure continuous business growth.
- Manage the Advert Sales team in the Region to canvass for adverts space in the newspaper;
- Ensure on-time delivery and quality of advertisements;
- Review the advert sales processes and suggest improvements.
- Develop innovative and creative ideas for increasing advert sales.
- Prioritize customers based on revenue potential.
- Determine new advert sales opportunities by studying the latest market trends and new sector
- Determine advert sales forecast and present the figures to the management.
- Prepare advert sales presentations and proposals for clients.
- Identify Advert problems and challenges within particular sector and proffer solutions which may include improvements and change in advert approaches
- Identify market opportunities by locating consumer requirements, defining trends, bench marking competitors’ strengths and weaknesses against advert sales, forecasting projected business and establishing targeted market share for the individual Advert Sales team
- Monitor competitors’ sales and marketing activities and advising the company on how to sharpen its competitiveness;
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating or seeking new opportunities.
- Provide up-to-date information on the advert sales performance of the company’s services by analyzing and summarizing data and trends;
Qualification and Experience
- A degree in Business, Management or any relevant discipline. A Masters degree particularly an MBA will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 15 years’ cognate experience with at least 5 years at Senior Management level in the print media, agencies or experience in consulting.
- Membership of Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON).
- Experience in identifying and developing new markets.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Has good understanding of the following areas: Competitive Analysis;
- Advert Sales Planning, Understanding the Customers/Agencies;
- Product Development and Client relationships;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Computer literate.
- Self-confident, self-motivated and able to influence and motivate others;
- Willingness to work at odd hours or put in extra hours;
- A creative individual who see difficulties as opportunities in disguise;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Able to work under pressure to respond to client needs.
The Salary attached to the job is competitive and within the industry range.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who satisfied the above requirements should forward only their Curriculum Vitae/Resume indicating the position as the subject of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Daily TrustSimilar Jobs
- Web Developer at MediaVision Limited
- Call Center Representatives at IROKO TV - eRecruiter Nigeria
- Motion Graphics Animator (2D/3D) at Thinktank Media & Advertising
- Finance/Stock Administrator at Filmhouse Limited
- Senior Broadcast Journalist (Multimedia), Africa TV at the BBC World Service
- Job Opportunity at Lexington Media and Communication Learning Foundation (LMCLF)
- Jobs at MediaVision Limited
- Career Opportunities at TVC Communications