Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Following the direction of the Rapid Response Mechanism Expert, the Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is responsible for running and supervising nutrition & health activities at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints in coordination and synergy with other DPMs. The DPM ensures the Nutrition & Health team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations. The N-H DPM also has responsibilities regarding the capacity building of staff; humanitarian needs identification through needs assessments, monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs and internal coordination.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Contribute to the definition and the implementation of ACF policies, positioning and strategies in the mission
• Contribute to the identification, definition, formulation of N-H projects and/or components of projects led by other sectors.
• Leads projects implementation, monitoring and reporting for N-H.
• To support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area
• Contribute to evaluation (internal and external) of project’s effect/impact
• Contribute pro-actively to HR management (including staff career plan development)
• Contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to ACF communication
Degree in Medicine , or Public Health Degree or equivalent in a field related to Nutrition & Health and or training/courses specific to Nutrition and Health in emergency contexts + minimum 3 years of work experiences.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Fluent English, Hausa and Kanouri
• Ability to analyze and synthesize information
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive
• Human resource management experience, leadership and motivation/training skills
• Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management
• Must be disciplined, able to work autonomously and self-learner
• Strong capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
• Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
• Experience in working with CMAM and IYCF programming.
• Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context
• Experience with Social Behavior Change Programming
The Community Mobilization Program Manager will primarily be responsible for community mobilization in all the projects including WSAH, Nutrition and food security and livelihoods to provide IDP and vulnerable host households with all relevant information, trainings and orientations related to the project and nutrition behavior change communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Provide support to ACF’s Rapid Response Expert (RRE) to implement mobilization activities in ACF program in Maiduguri.
• Manage community mobilization field teams within sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all ACF mobilization, trainings and IEC material Building.
• Ensure tracking and reporting of technical activities under community mobilization of all sector (FSL, WASH and Nutrition).
• Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA level and at state level when required.
Degree in FSL or wash, nut related studies e.g. agro-economy, natural resource management, anthropology, public health engineering, nutrition etc.
Minimum two years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts. Essential
Skills & Experience:
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
• Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
• Previous experience with Community Mobilization programming.
• Three years relevant work experience
• Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
• Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
• Fluency in English
• Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
• Previous experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. cash transfers, wash, Nutrition)
• Previous experience with ACF
• Experience implementing programming on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
• Fluency in Hausa or Kanoori
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Tuesday, 28th July, 2015 will not be considered.