Latest Job Vacancy at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Posted on: 21 July, 2015
Deadline: 4 August, 2015
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Stanbic IBTC
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Act as the integral point of contact in IT for business and the service providers. The purpose is to build a long term partnership between IT and business through consistent Infrastructure and Application service delivery excellence, minimize risk and to maximise the scope of service provision.
Establish an accurate level of demand from the business units for IT services and match to available solutions and services. Represent IT in annual planning and demand forecast reviews. Perform Annual planning and demand forecast reviews.
- Ensures adherence to defined IT policies
- Liaises with the outsourcing service provider/vendors to ensure that outsourced functions are carried out according to pre-agreed service level agreements
- Ensures that the company’s IT strategies and policies are being implemented
- Ensure effective 24x7 hourly monitoring of all services (including one off developments like RCCG website, CIPG, and other critical systems such as BankOne)
- Implement auto-monitoring solution for all critical services
- Convert existing Command Center to a high quality monitoring center with full screen wall for more efficient monitoring
- Manage all production issues to resolution, leveraging our 3rd party vendors where necessary
- Liaise more closely with Group ASD. Ensure increased visibility to Nigeria customer impacting outages or service challenges. Log on team track where necessary.
- Ensure smooth working relationship between country Production Assurance and GTO Production Assurance team
- Ensure that all changes go through a rigorous CAB process that confirms testing results, user validation and required sign-offs
- Drive thorough root cause analysis for all production issues and service outages
- Ensure proper coverage for branch and campus support
- Provide Weekly reports on exceptions in the network (ATMs or data links down for extensive periods, severe power outages)
- Provide Weekly availability reports. Note exceptions
- Benchmark service levels against other banks with a view to improving our services. Leverage ITIL expertise.
- Solicit regular feedback from Business and branches via weekly Service Fora and regular calls, on IT performance and areas of improvement
- Be established as the go-to person for all IT production and service-related concerns
- Ensure that UBS team is kept abreast of all information needed to manage customers efficiently on the front lines. This includes knowledge of outages, recurring service issues, known system problems, etc
- Develop a proactive approach to IT support in all our Branches.
- Manage UBS team to carry out first level support on IT related issues in all the branches within the regions, Integrated Processing Centre (IPC) and Campuses
- Co-ordinate the upgrade/Downgrade and Configuration of Internet Explorer for Finacle on users’ systems.
- Direct the repair/installation and configuration of Finacle client applications on desktops and notebook PCs.
- Prudent management of Resources to carry out first level support on users’ systems (workstations, scanners, printers, UPS, Inverters and other peripherals).
- Ensure first level support on applications (Ms Operating system, MS Office suite, Finacle and Intranet applications) and online service availability during operational hours.
- Engage formally with BUs and branch principal Officers (BMs, RMs, ZOMs, ROMs, etc.)
- Conduct training/workshop for UBS team & ATM Custodians/BILOs respectively, minimum twice yearly
- Ensure that all users’ incidents/requests are logged in Remedy Application and responded to promptly
- Enforce compliance on keeping and maintaining log of activities in Server/Communication room in branches.
- Branch Rollout – Deployment of IT infrastructure (Link, LAN, Systems, Inverter/UPS power & Peripherals) for new branches
- Deployment of IT infrastructure (Link, LAN, Systems, Inverter/UPS power & Peripherals) for ATMs and to branches when BUs relocate
- Engage UBS team to ensure enterprise security compliance with respect to Patch and Antivirus Coverage, Patch and Antivirus Compliance, In-Active Users & Privilege Identities on systems bank-wide
- Monitor the performance of the Branch IT infrastructure in terms of QoS, systems response time, etc.
- Maintain clear and constant communication with the PBB IT Head regarding IT issues in UBSR team.
- Support new project deployment such as upgrade of Operating Systems and other applications, Inverter, UPS, etc.
Key performance measures
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Number of customer complaints
- Compliance level to pre-agreed SLAs and OLAs
- Number and value of sanctions received as a result of non-compliance to IT policies
- Cycle time to resolve issues assigned by the Helpdesk
- Cycle time in the resolution of incident tracked on Remedy/Team track
- Internal customer satisfaction level with IT support
- Number and value of sanctions received as a result of incorrect reports
- Zero Audit exceptions
- Other KPIs identified by the Group Head, Information Technology
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stanbic IBTCSimilar Jobs
- Compliance Officer at Platinum Mortgage Bank Ltd
- Career Opportunities at a Leading Microfinance Bank - Workforce Group
- Senior Financial Sector Specialist at the World Bank Group
- Python Developers at Cousant Limited
- Jobs at CardinalStone Capital Advisers (CCA)
- Latest Vacancies at ARM Life Plc
- Senior Accountant At CR Services (Credit Bureau) Plc
- Litigation Officer in a Leading Nigerian Bank - Oscar Temple