The Human Resources Department is responsible for developing and implementing professional, effective and efficient HR service to the Bank’s various organizational units. Operating in a business partnering environment, the Director, Human Resources, supports key business initiatives to recruit and develop talented professionals, grow performance capability, provide best practices in talent management and contribute to higher levels of employee engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to, and partnering with, the Vice-President, Corporate Services and supporting Senior Management, the Director will lead a professional HR team to maintain and drive change throughout the Bank, while on a wider scale, delivering the Bank’s People Strategy. As a key member of the leadership team, the Director, Human Resources will work in a varied generalist role to develop and lead the HR functions across the Bank ensuring HR aligns with the Bank’s strategic business objectives. The CHRM director will oversee the management of four divisions; (i) client services, (ii) HR shared services, (iii) programmes, policy and strategy and (iv) employee relations and welfare.
- Formulate and recommend human resources policies and programmes in line with the Bank’s strategies and priorities, in the different areas related to Human resources, including institutional capacity building; career development; staff mobility; performance management, compensation and benefits management, and employee health and well-being.
- Plan, organise, direct and coordinate the Human Resources Department's work plan and related resource planning and utilisation; assign projects and programmatic responsibilities; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; meet with staff to prevent and/or identify and resolve problems.
- Provide leadership and direction to management in the implementation of institutional and HR reforms by establishing appropriate linkages to the operational strategy of the Bank.
- Advise senior management on the vision and strategic framework for the management of its human resources and the supporting policies and practices in order to make the most effective use of Bank staff;
- Drive change management programmes and effective culture changes that are required to ensure the success of the organisation.
- Create, implement and revise HR strategy that is aligned with the Bank’s vision, mission, strategic objectives, as well as operations;
- Provide leadership in the development of Bank Group’s human resources policies, rules, regulations, norms and standards; ensuring their successful dissemination across the Bank and alignment to international practice and legal requirements.
- Manage and supervise HR Managers, supporting them to achieve strategic and operational targets.
- Promote a focused and team based culture, to ensure consistent service across the department.
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise human resources planning, recruitment, placement, performance management, career development, compensation and benefits, and health and well-being of Bank employees, and determine the appropriate organizational structure of the department.
- Ensure appropriate systems of performance management and development, communications, quality measures, monitoring and review are in place to support organizational change, culture and values.