The ideal candidate is ambitious, detail-oriented, has experience in digital publishing, investing news, business news, newswires, financial education, and/or magazines and expresses the can-do attitude that is essential to working in a small company environment.
Fluency in American English, a solid knowledge of financial markets (particularly U.S. markets), and ability to appeal to an American readership are required.
This is a remote, full-time position, reporting to the editorial team based in New York, New York.
- Edit articles related to investing, trading and financial planning for digital publication, covering topics such as portfolio management, financial advice, mutual fund and ETF analysis, stock analysis and retirement investing while adhering to Investopedia guidelines.
- Work closely with freelance writers on idea formation and implementation, overseeing the process of transforming editorial ideas into strongly written, stand-alone content.
- Communicate regularly with the content operations team to ensure understanding of key metrics in order to meet long term business goals and to form solid reader retention strategies.
- Frequently write and update content on landing pages.
- Oversee that voice, tone, format and development of content suits Investopedia’s readership
- Ensure that content is produced at consistently superior quality, including flagging stories that may damage Investopedia’s credibility.
- Ensure that all content follows Investopedia’s search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
- Use reliable third party sources to confirm writers’ claims are relevant, accurate and up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Economics, Mass Communication, Business, Finance, Economics or related fields. Relevant professional designations and candidacies desired (FRM, CFA, etc.).
- 1 – 3 years of prior experience in a financial publishing company preferred.
- Avid reader with solid understanding of finance, stock market fundamentals, and U.S. Markets.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including copy editing.
- Impeccable grammar.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge of or willingness to learn SEO best practices and Google Analytics.
Please include the following in your application:
- Brief cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for the position
Salary will range from 250,000 NGN – 350,000 NGN per month, depending on experience.
* Please note that Investopedia may conduct a full background check for accepted applicants, including salary, academic credentials, and professional experience.