United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Supply Manager, P-4, Abuja, Nigeria
Vacancy No: E-VN-2015-001631
Duty Station: Abuja
Job Level: P-4
Application Close: 27-Jul-15
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
Under the direct guidance of the Chief of Operations, the incumbent manages the supply and logistics operations of a complex nature with significant impact on programme delivery, services, supply and logistic, processes and systems, requiring advanced professional technical mastery and expertise in support of operations and programme objectives. Accountable for effective planning, contracting, procurement, distribution, inventory management of UNICEF's supplies, in support of the Country Programmes.
Key Expected Results
- Rapid and relevant responses provided to evolving supply needs and situations, including emergency situations, with a priority on achieving value for money.
- The highest level of integrity, standards and accountability maintained by implementing sound, accurate supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation as well as regular and accurate reporting.
- Technical leadership, support, coaching and training provided to capacity-building in order to enhance efficient, effective and timely delivery of supplies.
- Effective procurement conducted to attain best overall value while maintaining product quality.
- Effective collaboration and partnership in supply/procurements/purchasing/contracting/logistics with internal and external counterparts developed and maintained through better coordination, communication and networking.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law or specialization in directly related areas including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting.
- Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.).
- At least eight years progressive professional experience at national and international level in supply, procurement, logistics management preferably with UNICEF or International/government/commercial organizations, some of which in management capacity.
- Experience in emergency duty station and in dealing with government counterparts is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language is considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
i) Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
iii) Functional Competencies
- Leading and Supervising
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Creating and Innovating
iv) Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management preferably in a developing country context.
- Mastery of technical knowledge (product knowledge, market research/analysis) required for Supply Management/Purchasing/Contracting (e.g., vaccine, equipment, medical supplies, contracts, customs function, taxation, insurance, etc.).
- Knowledge of relevant Information Technology software.
The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should apply for this position by clicking here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale