Security Supervsior at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc
Posted on: 18 July, 2015
Deadline: 24 July, 2015
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc, Nigeria's largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.hu
- Providing adequate protection and response to ikeja Electric staff in the six Business Units and facilities at all times.
- Supervise, manage and train the outsourced civil security guards and armed government security agents (Police/NSCDC) attached to the Business Unit office, Undertakings and Injection Sub-stations on each duty shift of day and night.
- Ensure proper Supervision, manage and coordination of emergency response incidents and complaints within the Business Units in conjunction with armed Police/NSCDC and ensure immediate rescue and dispensation of justice.
- Actively manage the personnel - spy-drivers, Mobile policemen and NSCDC personnel deployed to the Business Unit and its other locations for static and transit security services.
- Ensure provision of 24/7 civil and armed security guard services at IKEDC facilities under your area of supervision.
- Conduct of quarterly general security parade and drills for outsourced security personnel within the Business Units on the last Saturday of the quarter between 0800 hours - 1000 hours and any other time as directed by your supervisor.
- Carryout regular/routine patrol and inspection of locations within the Business Units to ensure that the civil and armed guards deployed are on duty, in proper outfits and at alert and ensure armed and civil security for Ikeja Electric events and cash drive, raid of energy thieves .
- Maintain and inspect regularly the appropriate duty registers maintained by the security guards and armed Police/NSCDC - Log Book, Incident duty, Assets Movement, Vehicle Movement, Weekend/After Hour staff/Contractor and Office Key registers to ensure that they are properly kept. Supervise access control processes to ensure that unauthorized personnel and vehicles are not admitted into the facility at all times.
- Ensure that access control systems and equipment - hand-held metal detectors, turnstiles, biometric access systems, emergency exit doors, fire alarm systems, signage and CCTV are functional and in proper use at all times if installed and report defects to your supervisor for immediate remedy. Ensure searches, wearing of identity cards/tags).
- Holders of at least OND/HND/B.Sc.
- Ex- military/Police/Para-military background of not less than 6 years’ experience.
- Industrial Security experience of at least 10 years for non-military personnel.
- Age: Not more than 40 years old.
Skills & Competencies
- Communication Skills.
- Physical Agility.
- Good Temperament.
- Knowledge of Occupational health and safety Rules.
- Mental Alertness.
- Deductive Reasoning.
- Good customer service skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Team spirit.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Ikeja Electricity Distribution CompanySimilar Jobs
- Western Development Company Limited (WDCL) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Jobs at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
- PMC Construction Manager at Penspen Nigeria
- Technical Sales Manager at a Fast Growing Company
- Car Worshop Supervisor at AutoDoc Car Repairs
- Sales Engineer at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Agronomist at Hakar Engineering
- Accounts Officer at O.K. Isokariari & Sons Nigeria Limited