Vacancy at UN High Commissioner For Refugees Representation
Posted on: 18 July, 2015
Deadline: 24 July, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UN High Commissioner For Refugees
The UN High Commissioner for Refugees Representation Office in Nigeria invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Protection Internship.
Job ID: #1084641
- Based in UNHCR Nigeria's Abuja office, this internship offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in supporting the coordination of the protection response in the context of the humanitarian emergency situation in Nigeria.
- It will provide insight and experience into the Protection Sector Working Group's (PSWG) coordination approach and in the implementation of priority areas of protection interventions.
- Perform all tasks necessary in the course of UNHCR's role to co-lead the PSWG
- Follow developments in the protection situation in Nigeria and provide analysis for protection activities taking place
- Attend pertinent meetings, including meetings of the PSWG, Inter-Sector Working Group (ISWG) and Sub-Sector Working Groups, and provide briefing summaries
- Prepare, draft and format documents, including analytical reports, presentations and communications as required
- Perform other related duties, as required
- University degree in law, international (humanitarian law), human rights or similar fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical abilities and research skills
- Excellent inter-personals kills and interest to work particularly with NGOs
- Strong attention to detail, proactive approach, ability to work quickly under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic administrative skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Understanding of humanitarian emergency response and cluster system
- Experience working with internally displaced persons and in international law/humanitarian aid/human rights disciplines
- Experience in Nigeria and/or in the region
- Excellent information management skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, motivation letter and P11 form to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating "Protection Internship Application" in the subject line of the email. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Click here to download P11 Form (Doc)
- The selected intern will be expected to begin on September 1, 2015 and be available full time for 6 months.
- Please note that the terms of internship as defined by UNHCR practice, preclude payment of any kind.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UN High Commissioner For Refugees - UNHCRSimilar Jobs
- Project Assistant at Abt Associates
- Programme Officers at Participation Initiative for Behavioural Change in Development (PIBCID)
- Consultants at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Logistics and Procurement Officers at The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Latest Vacancies at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Job Vacancies at Active Voices
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Project Control Associates at the UN High Commissioner for Refugees