GEC Petroleum Development Company - An indigenous Oil and Gas Company, based in Lagos seeks to recruit an experienced Personal Assistant.
Qualification: First degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Behavioral Sciences or a related discipline with a minimum of second class lower division (2.2) honours. A Masters degree would be an added advantage
Experience: 2-3 years experience in an administrative capacity in a reputable company. Experience in interacting with top management executive of a reputable company. Experience in travel coordination, business writing, protocol and event planning
THE JOB REQUIREMENT(s):
MAIN PURPOSE: To provide high level administrative support to the office of the Chairman/Chief Executive Office (CCEO) and thus contributes to the smooth operation of the office.
The function of the role includes but is not limited to:
· Co-ordinate and manage CCEO’s calendars, travel arrangements and schedules, negotiating potential conflicts and determining feasible alternatives.
· Coordinate CCEO’s travel needs, scheduling of hotel, flight accommodation and procuring all necessary documentations such as passports, visas or other clearances.
· Act as the point of contact to the CCEO. Screen all phone calls and correspondences to the CCEO’s office and exercise sound judgment in determining whether to connect the caller to the CEO, take a message(s), or refer the matter to another company contact.
· With an understanding of business protocols associated with CCEO’s clients and business associates, effectively interact with business partners (mostly foreigners), board members and their executive assistants while representing the office of the CCEO.
· Manage sensitive matters and information regarding peculiar issues within the office of the CCEO.
· Prioritizes conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
· Prepare meeting/conference logistics and host visitors on behalf of the CCEO.
· Perform a diversity of administrative support activities including composing business correspondences, writing internal memos, compiling reports and creation of spreadsheets.
· Cross-examine documents for CCEO’s review to ensure quality control and compliance to standards.
· Perform quality control checks on CCEO’s presentations, to ensure proper formatting and elimination of errors.
· Prepare and monitor newsworthy stories covering energy, business/economy, politics and general interest for the CCEO’s attention.
· Respond to customer queries and requests on non-technical issues and escalate to the assigned manager when necessary.
· Process all requisitions for the CCEO’s office.
· Assist the CCEO to plan & prepare for strategic meetings (board meetings, executive meetings), etc.
· Develop and maintain an efficient documentation and filing (electronic and hard) process.
· Perform all other functions as may be directed by the CCEO.
The ideal candidate should:
· Possess strong writing and oral communication skills;
· Have Excellent organizational and calendar management skills.
· Have excellent word processing and IT appreciation
· Be able to work under pressure
· Have good organizational and time management skills;
· Possess the ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely;
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills
· Possess the ability to work on his/her own initiative;
· Be honest and reliable
· Have discretion and understanding of confidentiality issues.
· Be willing to work extended hours
· Reside on the island (this is not compulsory but would be advantageous)
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE MUST RESIDE WITHIN LAGOS AND MUST NOT BE ABOVE 30 YEARS BY 31ST DECEMBER 2015. APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT MEET THIS PREREQUISITE WILL NOT BE SHORTLISTED!
Interested Candidates should forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter of the mail as Personal Assistant - 160715 on or before 24th July 2015