Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The INGO Forum Assistant will be a motivated learner and a passionate activist for the improvement of the development/humanitarian situation in Nigeria and for the role of civil society in this context. As a support staff to the INGO Forum in Nigeria, she/he will compile information/data and produce briefs on humanitarian and development issues, Members’ programs and other issues as required. The Assistant will also assist in mobilising Forum Members, preparing meetings, taking minutes and organising trainings and events. This will be an opportunity for an entry-level young committed worker to learn about coordination and the humanitarian sector in general, while developing research, analytical and organizational skills.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• To research information and assist in drafting humanitarian briefs for Members and partners
• To organize trainings and events for Forum Members and partners
• To assist in coordinating the Forum
Qualifications; Essential Skills & Experience:
• Advanced university degree in law, political science, international relations, journalism, social sciences, international development or related technical field (minimum Bachelor’s degree).
• Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, international relations, journalism, social sciences, international development or related technical field.
• Written and spoken fluency in English.
• Willingness to learn and interest in humanitarian practice.
• Commitment to international humanitarian standards and principles.
• Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills and ability to formulate well-targeted advocacy documents.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
• Flexibility in terms of office hours.
• Masters’ degree in law, political science, international relations, journalism, social sciences, international development or related technical field.
• Experience in an NGO (local or international), in a newspaper or research institution.
• Knowledge of and contacts in Nigerian NGOs.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Package
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Friday 24th July, 2015 will not be considered.