Distributed Power – power generated at or near the point of use – is an important growth focus for GE. In the emerging economies, the growing middle class requires more power fast, and industries need reliable power they often can’t get from the grid. Around the world, businesses and municipalities seeking emergency preparedness and energy efficiency want the advantages of on-site power. GE Power & Water’s Distributed Power’s (DP) industry-leading gas turbines and reciprocating engines are making all of this possible. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Distributed Power business employs more than 4,500 people around the world. Join this newly created organization as we make our mark around the world.
The Project Manager will lead and manage new unit power generation projects.
- Lead and manage the project through all phases of the project lifecycle including engineering, manufacturing, delivery, installation, commissioning, commercial operation and contract closeout.
- Execute projects in compliance with contract requirements including scope, schedule, budget, quality, while managing risk, improving margin and exceeding customer expectations.
- Primary customer contact and advocate responsible for resolving technical / commercial issues, managing communications and providing periodic status updates.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to other functions supporting the project including Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics, Finance and Services.
- Manage technical and commercial risk including contract changes, margin erosion, receivables, liquidated damages / claims and effective project closeout.
- Manage contract and terms.
- Be a leader for overall project cost control and margin enhancement.
- Identify, pursue and close margin enhancement opportunities via contract change order for additional equipment and services.
- Manage and report financial aspects of project including budget, costs, margin, invoicing, receivable collection and revenue recognition.
- Lead project teams through project reviews in order to identify and manage risks, monitor financial and operational performance against the project baseline and initiate corrective action where appropriate. Update business leaders.
- Follow GE Quality and QMS procedures.
- Participate in six sigma / quality improvement activities for the purpose of improving project execution quality and customer satisfaction.
- Travel periodically in support of project meetings (domestic and international)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology field of study or a minimum 5 years of gas turbine generator technical experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the power generation industry
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Project Management experience in power industry
- Experience managing customer contracts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with external customers
- Technical knowledge of GE gas turbine product line and systems
- Proven leadership skills, and ability to effectively manage teams in a matrix organization
- Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies / remedies
- Familiarity with GE's LM series gas turbine package
- Microsoft suite proficiency
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certified (GE employees only)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
Job Segments: Project Manager, Engineer, Claims, Energy, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Insurance, Management
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.