Alstom, a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure, and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies.
Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids.
The Group employs 88,000 people in around 100 countries and is chaired by Patrick Kron.
1 TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES / AUTHORITY
1.1 Function-related Tasks & Responsibilities
- The Main Responsibilities For This Function Are
- Ensure that Alstom site EHS rules are followed by Alstom and Alstom’s sub-contractors personnel
- Liaison with customer and external bodies in matters of EHS
- Providing support and advice to site personnel so as to prevent injury to personnel, damage to plant and equipment, fire, ensuring environmental protection
- Monitor compliance with applicable rules and regulations and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance
- Co-ordinate activities with the Alstom team in respect to EHS requirements
- Co-ordinate activities of Alstom sub-contractors with respect to EHS, especially where interfaces are involved with other contractors or operational areas of plant.
- Co-ordinate the review and approval of EHS Risk Assessments
- Ensure that accidents/incidents are recorded, investigated and appropriate correction & preventative actions taken.
- Ensure that accidents/incidents are reported to the home base according to Alstom rules.
- Prepare and submit required EHS report/s.
1.2 General Tasks & Responsibilities
The General Tasks And Responsibilities For This Function Are
- Conducting all business activities according to Alstom’s Code of Ethics
- Acting according to the relevant environment, health & safety rules
- Working according to processes and rules defined in the Management System
- Contributing to the improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of processes
- To call for the cessation of works if an immediate serious safety risk is identified
- Has the right to interrupt any activity whenever such action is necessary to meet Environment, Health and Safety requirements.
2 REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FUNCTION
2.1 Education, Training, Qualification
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
2.2 Experience And Work-Related Skills
- 3 Years EHS Experience
- Good command of written and spoken English and preferably local language as well
- Good IT user skills
2.3 Interpersonal and Social Skills
- Confident and strong communication skills
- Good people management
- Responsible, dependable and ethical
- Solid capable person, with a strong initiative
- Have drive and determination
2.4 Other Requirements
- Readiness to make decisions and to assume responsibility
- Ability to set priorities and to act in a target-oriented manner.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.