The U.S. Embassy is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the position of:
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent serves as the principal assistant to OTI’s Country Representative and Deputy Country Representative as well as the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance’s (OFDA) Senior Humanitarian Advisor. The job holder is the administrative focal point for the OTI Nigeria program and assists program staff in a variety of ways such as liaising with OTI and OFDA’s Implementing Partner and awardees, setting up meetings and organizing events, drafting communications English and keeping proper records and files among other administrative and clerical duties.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Minimum of two years university degree in liberal arts, business management, management or related studies is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years general experience in clerical and administrative work is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in Hausa Language is required.
- Basic knowledge of the Nigerian political, economic and cultural environment is required. Incumbent must be able to interact with tact and diplomacy when interacting with high level officials and grassroots organizations.
- Incumbent must be able to plan and organize OTI’s administrative support for all team activities and coordinate with other offices within the mission.
- Computer literacy with advance knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
Method of Application
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
OR - Ordinarily Resident - N3,154,846 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor - Not Ordinary Resident AEFM - US$36,353 EFM/MOH - US$31,301 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.