Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Purpose of Job
Ensure the availability of treasury cash, reserve and blank forms. Ensure the availability of a fully functional cash service to tellers including the custody and balancing of Vault cash, processing of vault deposits, withdrawal and handling of related reports. Control treasury cash, blank forms, safe custody items and duplicate keys .Understand and manage the risks associated with the custody of these items as well as the changes in the custody of assets through an effective system of controls. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards. Ensure that the correct security procedures are adhered to when cash is moved to agencies and delivered to/collected from Cash Management Unit. Effectively manage cash to ensure vault approved limits are not exceeded.
• Ensure that laid-down instructions for the handling and movement of treasury cash to and from tellers and SBV are adhered to.
• Ensure that current stock of blank forms received is recorded and signed for according to laid-down procedures.
• Ensure that record keeping is carried out according to laid-down instructions for treasury cash, blank forms and safe custody items.
• Ensure that swept deposits are correctly handled in terms of the laid down instructions.
• Ensure that all Irregular Items have been actioned before the end of the day.
Monitoring of cash holdings
• Ensure that cash holdings do not exceed prescribed limits.
• Ensure that sufficient cash levels are maintained to meet normal customer requirements.
• Ensure that Auto Bank and Auto Cash terminals are always adequately stocked with cash and stationery.
• Maintain close liaison with the Auto Bank Control Centre to ensure that equipment problems are dealt with promptly.
• Ensure that potential faults that could cause equipment to malfunction are identified and resolved on time
• Ensure that all ATM terminals are kept clean and maintained in good condition.
• Control ATM cash according to laid-down instructions.
• Balance cash at the required intervals.
• Report and action differences in ATM cash promptly.
• Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss.
• Action ATM reports as listed on the Duty List promptly in terms of laid-down instructions.
• Reconcile ATM cash daily.
• Action Care Suspects accurately and on time, resulting in reduced operating losses.
• In terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act No 37 of 2002, (the Act) no staff member is permitted to provide any advice or intermediary service to a customer, in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act, unless they have been appointed as a Representative of a licensed Financial Services Provider.
• In your current position you are not an accredited representative in terms of the Act, and are therefore prohibited from giving any advice or intermediary service to a customer in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act.
• Follow standardized routine procedures for control purposes.
• Draw on experience of branch cash requirements and cyclical impacts on cash resources to plan for fluctuating cash demands and optimize cash holdings.
• Plan and execute regular maintenance requirements for ATM terminals, and deal with day to day unexpected interruptions to service in order to maximize productivity
• Ability to attend to customer queries timeously is required.
• Sound recall of procedures and previous experiences, in order to recognize the appropriate solution to each situation.
• Resourceful, finding practical ways to efficiently deal with voluminous workloads, and remain focused on priority issues.
• Planning is generally on a daily to weekly basis within regular activity cycles.
• Understand the impact of ATM services provided, the interrelatedness of the services provided to branch staff, and the impact on customers.
• Work within set policy, procedures, system parameters and internal controls. Able to respect authority and take instructions.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.