Women Friendly Initiative (WFI) is a national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Abuja and involved in development activities cutting across several states in Nigeria. WFI maintains a website and various social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, You Tube amongst others. These platforms serve as forum for raising awareness and visibility for the organization.
We seek suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Specifically, the aims of this consultancy will be to:
- Upgrade WFI website to accommodate Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Adolescent and Youth Friendly Information, career development and sexuality education.
- Develop interactive platform; real-time chat and blog
- Creation of viral videos for socIal media links to publicize the website and other projects as deemed necessary.
Task and Expected Results
- Site redesigned and re-structured
- Functionality improved on mobile devices
- Long-term web hosting options identified
- Security issues identified and addressed
- Interactive features such as a blog, real-time chat developed and integrated into website
- Creation of "viral" videos for social media links
Key Competences, Technical Background and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- At least three (3) year experience in both front-end and back-end web development with strong understanding of WordPress, Drupal, Joomla CMS, ReDot CMS and other web trends.
- Ability to interpret and execute designs/wireframes Into modem, clean and user-friendly web pages using well-written mark-up languages.
- Experience with secure website hosting, troubleshoot and upgrade. Knowledgeable about accessibility and security compliance.
- Ability to provide site enhancements, debug and performance tune websites.
- Ability to edit images and respond to ad hoc web-design related tasks.
- Ability to work remotely and with minimum supervision.
- Experience with mobile-responsive and multilingual websites,
- Familiarity with SEO and site analytics.
The consultancy is expected to take up to 3 months, to start on or around 1st August, 2015.
The consultant will work primarily off-site and will not have office space in WFI. However regular communication is mandatory which may take the form of face-to-face visits, email and/or telephone.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individual candidates and/or organizations are requested to send their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application for Web Developer Consultancy"
Application must include:
- Cover letter stating why you are suitable for this assignment.
- Abudget quotation to undertake the assignment above, (in Naira)o. Application submitted without a budget will not be considered.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Work portfolio of running websites previously designed (with links to any such, where applicable).
Note: File should not exceed MB limit attachments to single email
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.