Career Opportunities at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 14 July, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria. Since then, we have continued to deliver the best possible experience at the most affordable price to our subscribers.
This commitment has led to the growth of our active subscriber base to over 21 million in just six years. Today, Etisalat has network coverage in all 36 states of the federation including Abuja, the federal capital territory as we continue to build our network and expand to new locations.
- Coordinate and manage the tracking of key network performance indicators, information and statistics to ensure network quality at all times.
- Facilitate the implementation of a total quality assurance tool/methodology to ensure adherence to international standards and guiding policies and procedures.
- Represents Etisalat technical team during NCC meetings & projects in addition to review Etisalat submissions to NCC.
- Detect and report any bottlenecks in the network due to capacity shortages.
- Assist in the definition of the division's plans, policies, projects and service levels.
- Plan and ensure implementation of established internal processes using best practice standards to ensure a stable and highly available systems platform for an optimal operating environment.
- Conducts needs analysis studies and confers with managers and supervisors to determine quality of service training needs.
- Analysis, Detect & Report any problem due to capacity shortages.
- Design and implement quality of service training programs for key personnel in Network QoS & Support division and ensure compliance with international standards.
- Design and implement tools, activities and processes to measure and interpret network performance data towards ensuring a standardised and quality network.
- Ensure the continuous availability of up-to-date and standard tools, guidelines and quality management policies and procedures for all Network QoS & Support activities.
- Enforce standardised change control methods to guarantee that Network systems run only authorised and tested configurations.
- Develop and implement relevant diagnostics tools (e.g. test drives) to monitor and track network quality.
- Coordinate the proactive tracking, collation and review of network traffic and other network performance data to identify potential trouble spots and initiate necessary steps to mitigate possible/ identified risks.
- Plan and ensure proper implementation of quality of service systems and procedures to monitor compliance with approved Network QoS & Support governance framework.
- Coordinate the preparation of technical reports on network quality/ performance.
- Review and ensure that all processes and procedures within Technical department are executed in line with best practices/standards.
- Advise other Network QoS & Support staff on rectification of quality lapses or non-achievement of service levels.
- Manage vendor performance and ensure agreed SLAs are achieved.
- Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to Network QoS & Support policies, standards, guidelines and operations and take action as required.
- Implement the function's work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Network QoS & Support
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Network QoS & Support
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
Experience and Skills
- Twelve (12) to Fifteen (15) years relevant work experience with at least three (5) years in a managerial position
- Network Operations
- Network Security and Assurance
- Service Continuity Management, Monitoring and Control
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Leadership and People Management
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
go to method of application »
- Support the Manager, Finance Support in working with the business teams to deliver agreed targets and ensure benefits are optimised, costs are managed within agreed envelopes and provide guidance to the business on finance issues
- Work with assigned business area on a daily basis to understand how the business works and its requirements.
- Liaise with the business team to gather required data for post implementation review of local business initiatives and business cases.
- Perform variance analysis to identify key performance drivers and reason for variances.
- Follow up on actions from the business area's monthly financial reviews
- Build strong and influential relationships with the business area to promote seamless working relationships with the rest of the Finance community.
- Attend operational meetings to represent Finance within the assigned business team.
- Work with the Finance Support Manager to implement financial governance within commercial.
- Assist the Finance Support Manager on other ad hoc projects
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Manager, Finance Support
- First Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognised university
Experience,Skills & Competencies
Three(3) to Five (5) years relevant work experience
Membership of Professional association (CIMA, CFA, ACCA, ICAN, etc)
Financial Systems Knowledge
Passion for Excellence
Method of Application
To apply for these positions, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Etisalat NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- IT Project Manager at Crestsage
- NYSC Corper at Prodeus Technologies
- CCTv Installation Technician at TechCREW
- Latest Career Opportunity at MTN Nigeria
- Dispatch Riders at Malton Technologies Limited (MTL)
- Sales Representative at Zeta- Web Nigeria limited
- Business Development Manager at IIHT Nigeria
- Product Manager at Gocollate Technologies