If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is into Energy and power generation. As a result of rapid growth, they require the services of highly motivated Business Development Managers (Senior/Middle level) to develop the Nigerian market.
Focus on bespoke customer projects, providing a holistic, efficient solution. This quality solution utilises energy-saving and environment-preserving power systems that often deliver both heat and electrical power.
By listening to and understanding the customers’ needs, the company helps with civil engineering work, system design and cost projections and manage the installation, commissioning of equipment and provide operational, technical and maintenance support.
Key Responsibility for Business Development Manager
- Lead and develop sales in Nigeria in alignment with the Sales Manager and Company’s strategy, this position reports to the Sales Manager.
- Develop a strategy for turnkey projects based on organizations gas generator sets, to include but not be limited to Cogeneration for Industrial, commercial and industrial projects Prime power for island mode.
- Develop customers and projects including securing orders for hand over to project department for implementation, assist with development of implementation and support strategy including identifying, suitable sub-contractors etc.
- Manage customer relationships
- Maintain links with major clients and national accounts to maximize prospects.
- Prepare timely and professional sales presentation material
- Plan and prioritize resources and sales activity to meet Sales Plan
Key Skill Sets
- Time management
- Manpower management and leadership skills
- Financial prudence
- Very good operational and organizational Skills.
- Communicate on all levels – interpersonal skills
- Alongside this technical aptitude, it is essential that the successful individual possess commercial, business development experience. The ability to sell a complete solution including the integration of services is of utmost importance.
- Due to the nature of the BDM role, a hands-on approach and willingness to travel within Nigeria is essential.
- The organization takes pride in all their products and need the drive and enthusiasm to help ‘unleash the power of the products’ by the hired candidate.
- Minimum qualifications include a relevant degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or similar from an internationally recognized university.
- B.E / B.Tech Mechanical/ Electrical with 6 - 7 years of experience for the MIDDLE level managerial role and a minimum of 13 years for the SENIOR level managerial role with strong ability to head a BD / sales team.
- Strong technical knowledge in Power Sector.
- Must possess demonstrable and measurable success in a similar role in a large or medium sized company ideally within Nigeria or within a similar challenging environment.
Knowledge and training
- MBA or master desirable
- Strong Financial awareness required.
- Computer proficiency is essential
- The appointee will be able to demonstrate examples that underpin the Values & Behaviours: -
- Honesty & Integrity – an ability to maintain the strictness of confidence, is open, honest and consistent, and has effective listening skills
- Flexibility and adaptability – ability to work under pressure and in a challenging environment
- Team Success – demonstrated ability as a team player, build and maintain relationships
- Proactive and result oriented – very key skill to organisation
- To be innovative - demonstrated ability to think outside the box
- No compromise on quality – ensure high quality standards are maintained
- Management reporting – demonstrated understanding of prompt reporting to management on, projection, cost management initiatives and business developments
- Promoting the companies vision, mission and core values
- Leadership skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and show strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to manage a large work force and understand how to get the best out of people in a challenging environment.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates with required years of experience as BD/sales personnel in the power / energy sectors should please forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘DBM_POWER_YEARS OF EXPERIENCE’ e.g ‘BDM_POWER_10YEARS’ or BDM_POWER_6YEARS’ as the title of application. Incorrect titled applications will not be opened. Submission closes 30th July, 2015. Only experienced candidates will be invited for interviews.