Our client is one of the largest and most profitable financial institutions in Nigeria with a network of over 650 locations across the country, offering a full range of banking products and services across various business segments. The Bank has a footprint in major cities and countries across the globe and aspires to be No. 1 financial institution in the sub-saharan Africa by 2018. It has a strong history and track record of stability and corporate governance which was confirmed during the Central Bank audit of the Nigerian banking system.
Our client is one of CBN's licensed mobile monev operators in Nigeria, which aims to foster the inclusion of the unbanked populace, as well as, migrate the Nigerian economy from cash-based to electronic-based. In the last 3years, our client has signed on over 10million customers on the Bank's mobile money platform, making it one ofthe most successful Mobile Money Operators in Nigeria.
As part of plans to reposition the mobile money brand, as well as increase growth in revenue, transaction value and consolidate its leadership position, the Bank is seeking to recruit focused, energetic, results-oriented and suitably qualified professional to fill the posltlon of Head, Mobile Financial Services who will also double as the CEO ofthe subsidiary company.
Qualifications, experience and attributes
- A good first degree or equivalent in any relevant numerate discipline.
- The ideal candidate will coordinate and manage all Mobile Money product development and implementation across the Group, provide strategic leadership and guidance to the team and drive business development activities so as to propel the brand ahead of competition.
- Possession of higher degree(s) and/or relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 12 years' work experience with at least 5 years in the management of e-payment systems/solutions within the Financial Services sector.
- Experience in managing mobile money services with proven track record of revenue achievement.
- Good knowledge of e-Products and Channels.
- Excellent understanding of e-Transaction Accounting Procedure.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and people management skills.
- Sound awareness/understanding of trends and recent developments in the payment industry.
- Excellent negotiation, planning and organization skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Champion and lead the process of establishing the nature and scope of services that will be offered under the Mobile Payment Services.
- Manage the relationship with the Telcos, CBN, NIBSS, other Service Providers and parties in the
- Mobile Payment ecosystem.
- Drive the development' of business strategies by developing new areas of expansion for the Mobile Payment Business.
- Develop the framework for technical and commercial knowledge transfer and establish same as a key component of the employee performance management system within the Mobile Payment Services.
- Ensure that the Company meets its profit expectations and achieves its major objective of being the dominant and most used mobile money service in Nigeria.
- Effectively lead the efforts to create the necessary awareness of Mobile Payment services within and outside the Bank
Method of Application
To apply, please quote the reference number STR/EBIZ/OO242 as the subject of your e-mail and submit your updated CV (prepared as a word document, and saved with your full names) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd July, 2015.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.