If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Shell Centre for Environmental Management and Control - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) endowed Professorial Chair in Environmental Management and control located in Enugu campus of the university of Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of:
Qualification and Experience
To qualify for the position, a prospective candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Should be a Professor in a reputable institution, normally of not less than eight (8) years standing and have a wide range of teaching, research and consulting experience in the field of Environmental Management and Control, including professional activities in local and international scenes with recognitions:
- Should have carried out research and published extensively in relevant aspects of environmental management and control:
- Should possess the ability to initiate value adding studies of benefit to the oil and gas industry, the academia and the wider society:
- Must be highly motivated professionally and have the ability to adopt a team approach with other persons/related Department/Institutions in research and practical work in the field:
In addition, applicants should state in clear terms, the vision, mission and logistics of the impact- oriented work to be carried out at the Centre.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment, which is to commence as soon as possible, is for four years in the first instance, renewable for another four years subject to satisfactory performance.
- The conditions and salaries are quite attractive and are as approved for enhanced professorial chairs endorsed by the Shell Development Company of Nigeria.
- The conditions includes prospects for funded research programmes and participation in local/international conferences.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward twenty-five (25) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, stating phone numbers, e-mail addresses, age, marital status, qualifications and experience, (teaching, research and publications) addressed to the:
University of Nigeria,
Note: Applicants are also advised to request three referees to forward a confidential report on them to reach the Registrar within the stipulated application period.