If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At Chemonics, we believe our mission of helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives is driven by our commitment to service—service to our mission, to our beneficiaries, to our clients, and to our staff.
From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries face difficult challenges, from political instability to limited healthcare to a lack of market infrastructure. We have helped them overcome those challenges by working together to find and implement innovative projects that achieve development impact.
We are entirely employee-owned, giving us both the freedom and the responsibility to pursue our mission with single-minded focus. Holding ourselves to the highest quality standards, we are also committed to living our values of caring, excellence, innovation, integrity, and opportunity to implement efficient and effective programs that build a better future for those we serve.
The Grants and Subcontract Fund Manager will be responsible for supporting the achievement of the program objectives by managing the GSF. The GSF Manager will work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager and Chemonics Home Office (Washington, DC) staff to ensure that the fund will be a flexible and results-oriented tool administered according to sound financial management principles. S/he will oversee overall policies, practices, and procedures relating to all aspects ofthe GSF. This will involve the following tasks either directly or through delegation:
- Conducts duties and responsibilities with full understanding of clients' requirements, the relevant policies and regulations, and Chemonics procedures.
- Reviews and edits Terms of Reference for technical activities to be funded by the GSF.
- Decides, along with the Finance and Administration Manager, which activities will be funded by the GSF and which mechanism shall be used for the funding.
- Competes and oversees the selection process for GSF-funded activities.
- Works with the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure that the results of the periodic analysis of project programming sex-disaggregated data is appropriately incorporated into the consideration of activities to be funded under the GSF.
- Drafts and manages subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Main point of communication for both staff from Abuja and the regions, as well as beneficiaries for all issues conceming the GSF.
- Maintains a transparent and auditable filing system for GSF paperwork.
- Trains local staff on the purpose, policies, and procedures for the GSF.
- Keeps abreast of all USAID and Chemonics contracting actions and policies that are relevant to the GSF.
- Uses judgment and understanding of GSF policies and relevant contract and legal regulations to process documents.
- Researches relevant regulations as appropriate and coordinates with Home Office Project
- Management Unit to obtain required approvals.
- Interprets appropriate regulations in providing contractual support for project personnel.
- Ensures all such activities are done in accordance with the policy and government regulations.
- Carries out tasks in support of assigned activities, such as photocopying, processing paperwork, and organizing meetings.
- Serves as primary contact for local subcontractors on administrative items.
- Ensures inquiries and needs promptly addressed to develop and continue positive relationships between the subcontractor and the project.
- Carries out periodic project-related research as requested.
- Maintains a tracker of all subcontracts, purchases, and other activity under the GSF.
- Performs other subcontract administration duties as required.
- Demonstrates maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment.
- Promotes a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, and accepting and giving constructive feedback.
- Assists with production of monthly, quarterly, and annual summaries showing activities, commitments, disbursements, and projections.
- Maintains close and continuous communication with representatives of those beneficiaries that received assistance through the GSF.
- Supervises, develops, and evaluates assigned staff.
- Ensures that staff receives regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time and opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager considered necessary to achieve success and which are consistent with the overall nature of the contract and work plan.
Location of Assignment:
Abuja with intermittent travel to project sites.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Economics, Accounting/Finance, Business Administration. .
- Sound management, contracting, budgeting, and administrative skills.
- Six years progressively responsible experience in grants and subcontracts management with an excellent understanding of USAID regulations.
- Experience managing grants and subcontracts, preferably for a USAID program.
- Excellent understanding of different grant mechanisms is required.
- Previous experience in developing and managing fixed-price and time and material reimbursement subcontracts is desired.
- Knowledge of approaches to assess partners' ability to absorb and manage grants and subcontracts, as well as their financial, administrative, and program planning capacities.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should send their cover letters and detailed CVs saved in Microsoft Word format not later than July 28,2015 to email@example.com The CV must include the names and email address of three professional referees which should include either the head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct supervisor. Please specify the position in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.