The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
The Secretary will report to the Executive Director or a member of the Bank’s management team. He/She will provide secretarial and administrative support, ensuring the day to day functioning of the office; coordinating all office management activities and manage the office’s interface with organizational units and external parties.
Under the overall supervision of the Executive Director or Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Organize and manage the office of the Executive Director or Manager.
- Oversee the office’s document processing, filing and tracking system.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the Executive Director or Manager’s diary and email.
- Filter and direct incoming visitors, correspondence, emails and telephone calls, highlighting urgent and priority matters requiring the Manager or Executive Director’s attention.
- Draft, type and dispatch memoranda, acknowledgement letters and responses to correspondence, and follow-up with relevant members of the office team.
- Proofread routine documents prepared for the Manager or Executive Director’s attention and signature, in consultation with relevant members of the office team.
- Schedule meetings between the Manager or Executive Director and key stakeholders within and outside the Bank and compile relevant documentation and briefings.
- Compile engagements, invitations and other requests for weekly diary meetings.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements and produce a folder with diary and background documents.
- Coordinate necessary arrangements for visitors.
- Provide administrative support, including preparation of administrative forms and processing of requests in SAP.
- Provide administrative support to members of the office.
- Carry out all other secretarial and administrative duties as required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Licence / Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial duties, training/administration/office management.
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressively relevant and practical experience, working in an executive office.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have gained experience in international organizations.
- Experience of arranging international travel for managers, including processing advances and claims.
- Strong customer service skills, good organizational and planning skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Sociable personality that facilitates good interaction between the individual, and internal and external parties including on the phone.
- Strong proactive “can-do” approach. Applicants must have the ability, energy and appropriate demeanor to take initiative and plan and carry out necessary tasks to ensure the office’s activities are successful.
- Excellent and professional communication skills are required.
- Strong typing skills.
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, and team spirit.
- Knowledge of rules and procedures or experience in relation to working with elected officers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or French, with knowledge of the other language. Bilingual applicants will have an advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in the use of SAP.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.