If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
Our client, a reputable Law firm situated in Lagos is looking for an experienced Accounting Executive to ensure timely and accurate reporting which is fully compliant with all the accounting policies.
The Accounting Executive will have a background in Manufacturing. There are huge opportunities in this fast growing sector which they dominate. Excellent training provided and good career opportunities into the team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure accurate and complete posting of the Company’s inventory in accordance with agreed standards.
- Maintain all records of taxation activities including tax liabilities and payments and provide adequate proof of remittances for tax audit exercises.
- Prepare and ensure prompt rendition of personal income tax.
- Process staff loans and personal advances.
- Prepare client billing schedule and submit invoice to clients.
- Maintain ageing report of outstanding liabilities to third-party entities and provide relevant explanations as required.
- Prepare periodic reports on all invoices processed and received.
- Review requests and supporting documents to ensure validity, accuracy and completeness.
- Update the financial records of the business as appropriate, including invoices, vendor accounts, fixed assets, inventory and other GL accounts.
- Respond to internal and third-party enquires regarding payments processing.
- Ensure accuracy of computations on salary schedule.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A minimum of 5 - 8 years post-NYSC relevant professional experience in accounting or audit related functions with a Capital Markets Operator or Financial Institution.
- Practical use of Peachtree and Microsoft Excel
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA)
- Proficient in Business Writing
- Previous experience from a Manufacturing & Stockbroking firm will be advantageous
- Good leadership skills
- Interpersonal abilities
- Positive attitude and energy
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Effective written and oral communication
- Willingness to learn
- Meticulous attention to details
- Commitment to achieving excellence.
go to method of application »
Bradfield Consulting is currently looking to fill the role of a Personal Assistant to Managing Director. The PA will provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the MD; helping to manage and priorities time.
The Personal Assistant will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organise workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner.
- To filter incoming mail: sorting, redirecting and taking action as appropriate
- To prepare letters, schedules, proposals and presentations to high standards and without errors.
- Liaise with Vendors or Business Counterparts representing me or my Organisations; negotiating, discussing and planning.
- Handling of financial resources and will be expected to be able to make sound decisions and exhibit sound judgement.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively, including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers etc. and troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the MD match his requirements.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Maintaining all personal and professional files, ensuring that a comprehensive filing system is in place
- Handle and coordinate personal and family logistics, operations and schedules.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Planning and Organisation
- Ability to prioritise administrative duties, organise and work for self and MD in an environment with multiple and conflicting demands
- Ability to complete work within set times
Integrity and maintaining confidentiality
- Able to maintain confidentiality of all organisation and personal information
- Possess and follow professional standards and principles within the workplace at all times
Quality of work and attention to detail
- Performs work at a high level of competence, demonstrating sound grammatical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- High-level knowledge of MS Outlook Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Prepares a variety of written communication, including emails, letters, request and formal correspondence.
Client Relationship Skills
- Able to establish strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to remain effective when faced with changing tasks, responsibilities or people
- Ability to work as part of a team, but can also work autonomously and proactively, displaying initiative and problem-solving skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree (a foreign degree will be an added advantage)
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- Membership of Professional Organization will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a medium sized organisation
Method of Application
Interested and suitaby qualified candidates should click here to apply online.