Our client is a privately owned company, which produces and distributes sweets and confectionery products in more than 150 countries worldwide. Employing approximately over 15,000 employees and operating over 30 companies around the world, this organization has a true global reach.
The Production manager will plan, coordinate, organize, and control production for the manufacturing facility in Nigeria. His main responsibilities are to ensure the efficient production and services and are of right quantity, quality, and cost. Responsible for the management, supervision and control of industrial production process.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Planning, scheduling and optimizing production activities and supervising the production process;
- Making sure the good quality production of products on time at the right cost, quantity and quality;
- Ensuring maintenance of cost effective and high-standard production;
- Estimating production costs and determining the high quality and high hygiene standards;
- Assessing resources requirements;
- Guarantying the maximum output of production lines and efficient usage of raw/packaging materials and headcount;
- Organizing production shifts achieving maximum cost efficiency;
- Continuous drive for efficiency improvement through hands on management of production lines;
- Monitoring the production practices and setting the schedules as required;
- Selecting best possible operators and supervisors in cooperation with HR;
- Minimizing scrap and wastages;
- Implementing and maintaining international standards (ISO, HACCP);
- Guaranty adequate production reporting to management;
- To maintain the lowest possible cost price staying competitive in the markets;
- Creating production flexibility and manufacturing innovations enabling fast implementation of new products for coming/staying ahead of the competition;
- Selecting and maintaining equipment, supervising product standards and enforcing quality-control programs;
- Working with managers effectively to execute the policies and goals of the organization;
- Keeping abreast of health and safety strategies;
- Liaising with different departments such as suppliers, managers and so on to prevent any probable delay;
- Supervising and inspiring team of workers and reviewing the work performance of subordinates;
- Train, motivate, coach and develop staff to their full potential and to ensure they fully understand their responsibilities and have the sufficient skills, competencies, tools and motivation to succeed.
- Highly competitive package;
- Located in Nigeria- Agbara, Lagos;
- Health Insurance;
- Ticket to home country.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in mechanical engineering, materials technology, food science, business management, chemistry, logistics, industrial engineering, or process engineering;
- Worked in FMCG industry is a preference but not a must;
- Must have experience in managing a team;
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills;
- 6 - 10 years’ experience in manufacturing environment, food sector preferred;
- Great physical health;
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others;
- Patient and self-confident;
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner;
- Good judgment.