Jobs in an Energy and Power Generation Company via StreSERT
Posted on: 13 July, 2015
Deadline: 27 July, 2015
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Our client is into Energy and Power Generation.
Main Purpose of the Position (including reporting structure):
Reporting to Technical Manager, CESN – Technical Support Group
Provide technical support to the sales and projects teams for the evaluation and design of distributed power generation and co-generation systems in the range 2-20 MW at voltages up to 33kV
- Provide technical support for evaluation and design on the electrical aspects of heat recovery and distributed generation systems that meet customer requirements.
- Optimise overall electrical systems designs for power generation and co-generation schemes to create best value, fit-for-purpose solutions that meet customer requirements
- Prepare competitive proposals and deliver systems that meet specifications and schedule.
- Designs, develops and contributes to the following design responsibilities:
- Control topologies
- Functional design specifications
- Develops I/O schedules
- Contributes to the development and review of system P&IDs
- Single line electrical system diagrams
- Protection / load flow / grading studies.
- Written design specifications for all electrical equipment Balance of Plant
- Production and review of system / equipment Data Sheets
- Review suppliers drawings / schematics
- Produce project cable design documents
- Produce installation technical specifications
Statements of Requirements
- Technical Risk Assessments – ATEX/HAZOP/SAP etc.
- Prepare electrical systems designs for the CAD draughtsman
- Provide technical support and advice to the sales and projects teams.
- Attending customer / client / supplier meetings as required, including:
- Support of the BDM’s in meetings with their customers
- Participation in project review meetings
- Inspection & testing of key deliverables from equipment and service providers, as required prior to release of equipment
- Interact with suppliers to identify and meet customer requirements
- Interact with suppliers to identify and meet best available technology
- Recommendations of suppliers / equipment to Projects and Procurement.
- System problem identification and resolution, should problems occur during execution of projects.
- Keeps up to date with the latest relevant engineering standards and recommendations, to ensure client solutions designs are fit for purpose.
- Some on-site time reviewing installation against design intent, during installation phase will be required.
- A thorough knowledge of power generation systems, especially reciprocating engine mechanical, electrical, acoustical and installation disciplines, for based and small gas turbine power plants, used for base load, peaking and co-generation applications.
- Broad application knowledge is required across the range of generator set applications, in both diesel and gas powered equipment.
- Demonstrated competency with load profiling & power analysis
- Demonstrated competency in distributed generation electrical power systems
- Demonstrated capability in power distribution system equipment selection
- Demonstrated competency in cable scheduling
- Demonstrated competency in generator and distribution systems protection
- Knowledge of parallel operation of electrical systems, generator to generator and generator to utility
- Knowledge of transformers, lv & mv switchgear, neutral earthing equipment and their application in power generation / distribution systems
- Knowledge of electrical control systems of mechanical Balance of Plant items
- Knowledge of the application of PLCs in control systems
- Technical and business skills to evaluate alternative technologies and designs
- Excellent communication skills to share experience provide advice and encourage creativity in cross-functional teams
- 7-10 years’ experience in design and / or operations in power generation industry
- BS Electrical Engineering or relevant experience
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘DESIGN /ELECTRICAL’ as the title of your application. Incorrect titled applications will not be opened. Submission closes 27th May, 2015. Only experienced candidates will be invited for interviews.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Sales Engineer at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Agronomist at Hakar Engineering
- Accounts Officer at O.K. Isokariari & Sons Nigeria Limited
- Mechanical and Electrical Generator Technician at Quest Oil and Engineering Services Limited
- Business Development Manager at Bosch Africa
- Spare Parts Manager at Leventis Motors Limited
- Customer Service Representative at Tebenaj Automobile Solutions (TAS) Limited
- Jobs at MotoMedics