EMD is leading company for innovative, top-quality high-tech products in healthcare, life science and performance materials with a history that started almost 350 years ago. Since then we have been leading in many fields in pharmaceuticals and chemicals to improve people's quality of life. At Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, around 39,000 people from over 120 nations work together to deliver market-driven products around the world. We offer careers that cross borders and expand horizons, professionally and personally. We are proud of what we achieve, but also the way we do it.
Sound like something you’d like to be part of?
Explore come2emd.com to see how we can help you make great things happen.
Our subsidiaries in Canada and the United States operate under the umbrella brand EMD.
In this role you design, develop and implement marketing programs and pricing strategies to support the organization. Your tasks include conducting promotional campaigns and public relations for the assigned area. You are in charge of elaborating marketing concepts for a specific product and its positioning within the local market in coordination with internal customer and further participants. As a specialist you solve a range of straightforward problems through knowledge, analytical skills and experience and ensure the adherence of guidelines and processes for your area of responsibility. Applying your know-how and judgement you analyze factual information and possible solutions and make decisions and recommendations and thereby contribute to the achievement of the objectives of HQ CMC & GM Marketing.
Your territorial responsibility will cover Nigeria.
• Graduate degree (or equivalent) in economics/ marketing. Scientific background is appreciated.
• Relevant professional experience of min. 3 years in marketing
• Positions for non-graduates require a substantial amount of professional experience of min. 5 years and additional qualifications that also provide exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Profound customer-orientation with an eye for the company’s own interests.
• Openness for the fresh ideas and new perspectives to be gathered from working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Flexibility and keen pursuit of innovation throughout all processes in the continuous search of sustainable new ideas.
• Willingness to set yourself challenging goals in order to achieve superior performance.
• Initiative to constantly improve products, services, processes and working routines.
• Strong desire to develop and grow by way of taking responsibility and engaging in additional tasks and operations.
To apply for this position, click here