New Job at The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2)
Posted on: 10 July, 2015
Deadline: 16 July, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2), is looking for skilled, creative and enthusiastic individuals to contribute and work within this dynamic five (5) year project.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The State Team Leader will be working closely with and managing a core team of technical and administrative programme experts, s/he will ensure that state level project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to.
- This is a full-time position and s/he will report directly to the National Team Leader for the MNCH2 Programme.
- Provides overall state level technical leadership and representation of the project, under the direction of the State Team Director, and builds a senior management team able to convey the overall purpose, activities, and achievements of the project.
- Has overall strategic, programmatic, financial, and management responsibility at the state level.
- Works closely with and manages a large team of technical and administrative professionals to achieve programme success.
- Effectively leverages global technical assistance to ensure effective and high quality programme delivery.
- Accountable for project objectives, outcomes, and milestones at the state levels and ensures that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are followed.
- An advanced degree in public health or a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience managing international health programmes, with a record of successful team leadership and achieving programme objectives.
- At least 3 years’ experience on international health programmes for key health development partners, including, but not limited to, DFID, USAID, AusAID and the European Union.
- Substantial experience working on reproductive health and health systems strengthening in Northern Nigeria. Deep understanding and knowledge of contemporary health system dynamics and MNCH challenges.
- Demonstrated capabilities in management, capacity building, high-level strategic visioning, and leadership.
- Experience working effectively with district and provincial government authorities. Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Northern Nigeria required.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should clickhere to apply online.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for the position. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Logistics Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)