If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
To provide sound financial management, manage the financial information function and to assess at the sub office level. Train and manage financial relationships with partners.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supervise, coach and build the financial management capacity of the finance and non finance team of the field office. Coordinate all month end and Yearend Activities of the field office.
- Perform field visits on the project implementation site and ensure financial compliance and report to manager /Country office.
- Collect partner’s financial report and necessary documentation and perform the reconciliation
- Participate in program monthly finance meeting and provide input to budget holders.
- Works with budget holders on budget review and reallocation and ensure change are approved is posted in the system.
- Prepare the draft of the monthly cash request of the field office.
- Verify transaction posting and approve posting online Aggresso system or offline spreadsheet (GLACOS).
- Verification of all payment vouchers before making final payments
- Coordinate the transaction documentation process.
- Ensure bank reconciliations and single account matching are done timely and ensure regular cash counts
- Ensure the field office has in place a voucher approval process and all staff adheres to this working hour.
- Where there is a limitation of resources perform the role of Finance officer or perform the interim roles of Finance manager.
- Participate in statutory and specific grants audits
- Any other tasks assigned by your supervisor or line manager
- Participate in the annual budget development
- Support budget holders in the proposal budget costings, creating Reporting Templates and DEAs
- Support budget holders in the understanding of budget reports including phasing and re-phasing of budgets
- Support finance manager in the development of standard costings for country programme
- Review monthly transactions with Budget Holders and provide comments to finance
Field Office and Partner Support Function
- Capacity Building of partners in understanding finance and awards management
- Capacity Building of Budget Holders & Field staff in Awards Management
- Pre awards assessment and due diligence check for new partners
- Organize audit of Implementing Partners
AUDIT & EVALUATION:
- Assist with the Internal and External audit preparations including putting together relevant documentation and TOR for the Audit
- Coordinate all SC awards audits and ensure complete implementation of recommendations
- Follow up on audit issues and provide appropriate response with support from Director of Finance
- Work closely with Country office Finance Team on finance /awards related issues
- Participate in monthly finance and awards meetings and provide update on all financial awards issues
- Participate in Year End & on-going processes relating to awards status including final reconciliation of donor disbursements & awards expenditure, confirmation of debt and income carry forward positions, awards closures
- Attend to financial queries related to awards administration from Donors/Member, Budget Holders, Regional Office and the Centre Finance.
- Other – Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration or other relevant professional qualification
- 5-7 years working experience in relevant field,
- Proven experience in financial management and producing appropriate management information to support strategy development and decision-making by budget holders and programme implementers
- Proven training experience to all levels of staff, both informal (on the job coaching) and formal (structured training courses).
- Proven analytical skills and ability to translate analysis into appropriate, feasible and practical implementation plans and goals.
- An understanding of development work in order to communicate effectively with Members/Donors and programme staff on funding sources and programme issues
- Experience of developing guidelines and formats to support staff in donor applications and reporting with particular reference to USAID grants
- Knowledge of major donor funding sources and grants application processes
- Experience of managing or supporting programmes in each stage of the project cycle, including development of funding proposals, budgeting, technical and financial monitoring in the context of grants/restricted funding sources.
- Thorough understanding of interdepartmental relationships, dynamics and functioning in an overseas programme setting
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children
- Ability to translate complex, technical and financial issues into a language understandable by non-finance staff
- Computer literate (including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access) and competency in development of spread-sheets and databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with thoughtful and accurate information
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment from time to time
- Ability to work within a multicultural and multi-religious settings
- Experience of Save the Children financial accounting packages (eg Agresso), policies, systems and procedures.
- International experience preferably gained within an INGO in a relief/emergency setting
Method of Application
For the above position kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements to: Nigeria.FinanceVacancy@savethechildren.org on or before July 24th, 2015explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website onwww.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!