Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Agriculture Deputy Program Manager, Damaturu, Yobe State
The Agriculture Deputy Program Manager is responsible for directing the implementation of agricultural and rural development projects. The Agriculture Deputy PM will be directly under the supervision of the Agriculture Program Manager. He/ She will be responsible in supporting the Agriculture Program manager for planning and implementing the activities according to the project’s outline. The incumbent will assist in proposing solutions and improvements concerning the project’s progress under the guidance and direct supervision of the Agriculture Program Manager.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Support the implementation of agricultural activities
• Participate in the evaluation and reorientation of the project
• Manage the project’s team
• To support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area
• Maintenance of high technical standards.
• Conduct all duties in a professional manner following ACF Nigeria mission staff regulations, ACF mandate and charter
Degree in agronomy, Food security and related fields and previous work experience
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Analytical capacity
• Capacity to supervise a team
• Good relational qualities –
• Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural production systems
• Computer knowledge (Word, Excel)
• Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
• Previous experience with ACF
• Previous humanitarian programming experience
• Capacity to write high quality reports
• Previous team management and activity planning experience
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Thursday, 16th July, 2015 will not be considered.