If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 145,000 people
ABB is a multinational corporation headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, operating mainly in robotics and the power and automation technology areas. It ranked 158th in the Forbes Ranking (2013).
As an HRBP, you will be part of the Human Resources Department based at Lagos. You will be a Partner with business leaders and cluster HR team to provide support for the implementation of ABB’s People Strategy at ABB Nigeria. Ensure the organization has the people capabilities to deliver present and future business goals. Implement HR services in alignment with the Cluster HR Center and implement efficient service processes and policies in compliance with Group Standards, local and external regulations. You will need to ensure that ABB Nigeria is acting fully compliant to local employment laws.
As an HRBP your tasks will be as follows:
• Manages processes for assigned groups of employees based on Group guidance and HR Cluster Management instructions. Oversees implementation of all HR processes within area of responsibility, including workforce planning, succession planning, performance management, talent management, talent acquisition, remuneration, workforce reduction and other processes as applicable. Partners with other HR colleagues in the immediate network to achieve the ABB’s targets through Business and HR action plans. Provides feedback based on experience into the development and implementation of HR processes, services and products to support the business strategy.
• Participates in the definition of long term business objectives and defines the strategic HR priorities to support the business strategy.
• Partners with business leaders to understand current issues that can be supported or resolved through HR practices, processes or policies. Counsels business leadership on the most effective solutions to resolve issues and support long-term objectives.
• Actively participates in all required reports and assures that the quality of data is excellent. If necessary aligns further with Report owners to validate and improve the reports
• Prepares information and documents for external authorities (social security, income tax, etc) and assures that all employee files are properly documented and filed.
• Communicates information regarding policies and standards on assigned processes to internal customers as needed.
• Oversees activities regarding industrial relations and organized labor within area of responsibility.
• Ensures compliance with legislation and HR policies and adherence to Occupational Health & Safety and compliance standards in area of responsibility.
• Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct & indirect subordinates within HR policies.
Ideally you'll hold Bachelor Degree & Master degree in Human Resources Management with a minimum of 8 to 12 years of experience in HR Management, HR Business Partnering or HR Functional experience in the local market and fluency in both spoken & written English language is a must.
If you require any further information about the position, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.