We are thrilled that the Mayans were wrong and that in 2015 we can STILL have ninja-like focus on providing bespoke talent solutions to our esteemed clients and continue making career dreams come true to our valued candidates!
While we operate in all areas of business, the Technology space is still our forté - whether it is “old” IT, Digital, Web, E-commerce, New Media or Sales.
Appreciating that we work with non-droid, flesh and blood, human beings and being fanatical about building relationships, we attract the clients you WANT to work for and the candidates you WANT working for you!
If you already know us, you would have heard us say repeatedly: “It must be the right decision for you which will in turn be the right decision for us”.
We want to work with people that want to work with us! What are you waiting for?
- A minimum of 10, preferably 12, years’ experience in a senior executive role
- CPA designation preferred
- MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Good communicator
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes
- Diligent with strong attention to detail
- Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations
- Good understanding of business as well as financial issues
- Sound decision making
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for overseeing and directing the organization’s financial goals, objectives and budgets; development of a financial and operational strategy, risk management operations of the company, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. He is also responsible for financial planning and record-keeping, as well as financial reporting to the board of directors.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, business performance, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Protect and preserve corporate assets through the application of globally consistent costing and control techniques which are in accordance with generally accepted accounting policies (GAAP) and corporate policies
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
Method of Application
For more info or to apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.